Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

STRANDED REPETEDLY!
By kupono

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Everything is great except the quality.

We purchased a C-Max for our business and it has been a disaster.
When it works we loved it... Is it worth it to have a vehicle that may leave you stranded at any point?
"NO."
You cannot unlock doors without power.
We have had to abandon the vehicle and use an alternate to get our work done on three occasions.

I was so pleased to give Ford another chance but what a disappointment.

Do not buy this car until they figure out the bugs and fix them.
I will never buy another Ford.

Displays are clear and nice looking. Decent styling.

Fix the electrical systems! This car has died three times and gone to the dealership each time. Sure it is under warranty but I wish it was under the sea. Nothing like being stranded three times by a brand new vehicle. Boo Ford.

C-MAX BUMMER
By mjsrn2007

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved my c-max at first.
Didn't mind the first time it went dead for no reason. I thought it was my fault. But after the third time...Come on Ford, stop making excuses.
Now it is in the shop again and they tell me it is the transmission that has to be replaced!
Really, only 30,000 miles in 1.5 years and I am driving a rental for the 4th time.
I travel for a living.
I want out of my lemon, but can't afford to trade off because of the upside down amount.
Guess I am stuck.

Cargo space and gas mileage

Fix the electrical problems. Transmission problems. Gas mileage not what was originally reported. get rid of the leaves and split the information that is on the other part of the dash. I would love to see my trip odometer and have the guages showing at the same time. I hate the delay wipe that comes with the wipers when you use the wiper fluid. causes streaks.

bad mpg and ford cant fix it at 9k miles
By patfran

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has been to dealership 3 times to fix the poor performance on gas mileage. Advertised 47/47/47 and lately I am getting 32.5. Gas engine turns on as I am stopping! The second visit to dealership didn't even test drive. Radio doesn't turn on and off with dashboard button. Service bulletin still hasn't fixed that. I don't think they want to do more than throw the $550 check at us.
With the sleek design and ability to put some great pzazz into this vehicle, they cut it off at the knees. Hybrid without good gas mileage is not worth anything.
3/17/2016 I have now driven 36000 miles. Gas engine turns on going down-hill with the brake on and decelerating. Only sometimes does hybrid work giving above 40mpg. Should have been compensate $3k-5K for advertised 47 overall mpg to current best of 38 mpg.

No Problems Mon
By ahjok

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my wife's C-Max June 2013, at 12,000 miles now and the car has been perfect. I believe that Ford has ironed out the kinks in early models (late 2012 - early 2013) -- we have had no problems with dead battery, SYNC system, etc. Recommend this car to anyone who want the high MPG of a hybrid with decent handling, acceleration and creature comforts. We paid $26,000 out the door and are very pleased, good job Ford!

quick.

simplify SYNC/MFT.

MoreTimeNeeded
By researchpays

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only reason I'm rating it low on comfort is the seats. Hard seats, with leather and heaters. But all the cars I test drove had hard seats - Subarus, Toyotas, Hondas.

C-Max Hybrid is a great little zipper. Overtakes other traffic easily. Ease of entry and exit - no banging head or knees while getting out or in. Good storage space (but do keep in mind, this is not an SUV).

I hope the C-Max will prove to be a great decision, as I spent the better part of 5 months reading articles, driving cars, comparing all aspects. My last car - Nissan Murano-2004 traded it in, before that Nissan Pathfinder 1996 and still running.

I would have rated fuel economy as great, but for the fact that it is not the top of the line MPG. It is close to great. Just not perfection. I fill up once every two weeks, and it costs me on average $23.00 to do so. Only once have I achieved over 40MPG's. Mostly it holds around 37 to 39MPG's. 90% of my miles are city. But I do make the quarterly trip to upper Vermont, and the quarterly trip to upper NY state. Those longer road trips go by with ease, and mostly a feeling of comfort. I would recommend this car for the single driver, the small family with one child, and even the person who heads to the box store a lot to load up on supplies. The back seats lay down flat and are a really great help.

My first ever Ford, so
there is a lot at stake here - the Ford reputation. Ford, don't let me down now.