2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:
after 3 months of wonership...
By wamba2000 on 04/10/13 12:53 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my C-Max SEL in January 2013, model 303A with pano roof. I have 1800 miles driven, primarily in city and suburban settings. Bought this vehicle mostly as a commuter car, but wanted rear hatch to have flexibility carrying larger objects. There has been a lot of chatter about the mileage published versus real life. The EPA tests are not real world. If I can get in the 40's I am good. Would buy a C-Max again. If you want solely the highest mileage get a Prius, but don't expect much of a driving experience. The C-Max will give you some fun an dfeel while driving.

VERY Happy
By davesc on 03/22/13 20:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased the C-Max last Sunday, 6 days ago. I am very impressed. Went golfing with 4 guys, fitting clubs in was a challenge, where we drove 200 miles round trip. Had the air conditioner on for the trip home and had the cruise control set at 65 most of the trip and got 40.5 MPG. Around town consistently get 40-45 MPG. Acceleration is great and a solid car. Electronics takes some getting use to but lots of capabilites. One of the best cars I have ever purchased.

Buy this over a Prius
By euro53 on 03/21/13 14:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is amazing! I tried the Prius and never looked back. The fit and finish is like like a German car, and the leather seats are comfortable. What's outstanding is the cab forward visibility. You can see so much of the road and countryside while you are touring. Ride is very good for 17" tires, and handling is very tight. OK, the navigation and controls take time to learn, but work great once you understand, so don't trust Consumer Reports. THIS IS A BLAST TO DRIVE. We average 38 mpg city and country. It's hard to test in LA, because if you start up slowly, people get on your tail. I had to cut across some traffic once, and floored it at the stop light, the torque was like hyperspace.

Not a Prius Killer! 31MPG
By rkramer40 on 03/19/13 17:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Open letter to Ford: I thought my 2013 C-MAX would be a Prius Killer? NOT! As a returning Ford buyer I feel deceived. I want to support US companies and US jobs. What was Ford thinking when they published 47/ 47/47 estimates? Based on the advertised EPA estimates, I would have been ok with low 40's but 28-33 mpg is not even in the ballpark. This is not an issue about EPA testing standards, but rather an issue about setting false customer expectations in order to promote sales. Ford's "47MPG" marketing campaign tarnished what should have been the roll out of a truly remarkable vehicle, the CMAX. Real world MPG estimates should have been promoted in the mid-30's.

Disappointing Highway Mileage
By lanthony2020 on 03/11/13 20:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 7600 miles, the highway miles run between 33.5 and 37.5 at 80, 70 and 60 MPH respectively. At 55, not much better. This on a know stretch of flat interstate with no wind. City mileage is OK if I cruse at 25, I can get 50 going slow in town. Traded in my 2010 TDI. The TDI got much better on the highway at those speeds. I could get 50 if I wanted to drive 55 MPH.

Disappointing gas mileage
By cjweston1 on 03/06/13 11:02 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Where is the 47mpg promised? Cant do any better than 35mpg after3 months and 3000 miles. NOWHERE near 47mpg. Had Fusion hybrid 2010, and did recieved the adverised mileage after 1000 miles. Love the car except, really really annoyed with the poor mileage. I am doing worse than the Fusion and only bought the CMAX HYBRID because of the advertised mileage. Time for a class action suit for renumeration or recall for new hybrid engine. Obviously from the other reviews- I am not the only one complaining.!!!!!!!

Loving it
By ezf on 03/05/13 07:45 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

OK folks. Most cars do not get the EPA estimated mileage. That said, you'll love this car. It's much more comfortable and stylish than a Prius. I've only had mine a few days and I'm loving it. Rides great, is quiet and fun to drive. The SYNC is a bit fussy, but fun to play with. I'm getting about 33 now but it will go up as the weather warms and engine gets broken in. I am very happy with my choice.

Excellent package.
By hotpotato on 03/04/13 11:59 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in a beautiful German near-luxury sedan for this car. Other than prestige, it's little sacrifice. The C-Max drives like a European car because it is one (it's been sold in Europe for years, though not as a hybrid). I get 36-37 MPG, better than the 20 of my old car and comparable to the 40 of the Prius V. The compromises the Prius makes to get those last couple MPG (in road noise, acceleration, structural rigidity) aren't worth it to me. (We drive Priuses as company cars.)

Poor MPG
By sabrinakrouse on 03/02/13 09:34 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As a former Prius driver, I was excited to try out the Ford C-max because it provided me with a bit more room for my kids in the back seat. In the Prius I was averaging 42-44MPG depending on the season. So when I saw 47MPG I figured I would at least get the same if not a little more MPG'S. I am very aware how to drive a hybrid to get the most out of it as possible so when I can not get the C-Max to get over 34 MPG's it makes me very disappointed. There should be more real life testing and accountability for the company that is going to market a product knowing full well that the product is going to fail because consumers are going to have to drive up hills and in the winter.

Its BLUE
By mcsp00 on 02/28/13 18:39 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ordered mine on 11/19/12. Got it delivered on 2/13/13. LooOoong wait. So, how's the gas mileage you ask? Fine. After 2 weeks of driving, the EV+ feature is recognizing my work, parents, and home locations. That means it goes full electric within 1/2 mile of location. Very nice. On some trips, I'm measuring 48mpg, and it is COLD and SNOWY/SLURPEE muck here. Overall, I see 31.5mpg in 2 weeks of driving... The interior is quite nice. Sync works very well, and simple to me. I recognize it would be intimidating to some. The ride quality is smooth. The acceleration can be surprising! This car rocks. Low-ish reliability because I already have had a "flat" battery...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon in WA is:

$130 per month*