Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

C-MAX BUMMER
By mjsrn2007

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved my c-max at first. Didn't mind the first time it went dead for no reason. I thought it was my fault. But after the third time...Come on Ford, stop making excuses. Now it is in the shop again and they tell me it is the transmission that has to be replaced! Really, only 30,000 miles in 1.5 years and I am driving a rental for the 4th time. I travel for a living. I want out of my lemon, but can't afford to trade off because of the upside down amount. Guess I am stuck.

Cargo space and gas mileage

Fix the electrical problems. Transmission problems. Gas mileage not what was originally reported. get rid of the leaves and split the information that is on the other part of the dash. I would love to see my trip odometer and have the guages showing at the same time. I hate the delay wipe that comes with the wipers when you use the wiper fluid. causes streaks.

bad mpg and ford cant fix it at 9k miles
By patfran

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has been to dealership 3 times to fix the poor performance on gas mileage. Advertised 47/47/47 and lately I am getting 32.5. Gas engine turns on as I am stopping! The second visit to dealership didn't even test drive. Radio doesn't turn on and off with dashboard button. Service bulletin still hasn't fixed that. I don't think they want to do more than throw the $550 check at us. With the sleek design and ability to put some great pzazz into this vehicle, they cut it off at the knees. Hybrid without good gas mileage is not worth anything.

Good looking vehicle. Some good features. Not enough to pay the reduced purchase price.

Get the total engineering dept behind the fix(es) and get the Cmax to it's previously advertised 47

No Problems Mon
By ahjok

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my wife's C-Max June 2013, at 12,000 miles now and the car has been perfect. I believe that Ford has ironed out the kinks in early models (late 2012 - early 2013) -- we have had no problems with dead battery, SYNC system, etc. Recommend this car to anyone who want the high MPG of a hybrid with decent handling, acceleration and creature comforts. We paid $26,000 out the door and are very pleased, good job Ford!

quick.

simplify SYNC/MFT.

TimeWillTell
By researchpays

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only reason I'm rating it low on comfort is the seats. Hard seats, even with leather. But all the cars I test drove had hard seats - Subarus, Toyotas, Hondas. C-Max Hybrid is a great little zipper. Overtakes other traffic easily. Ease of entry and exit - no banging head or knees. Good storage space (but no, this is not an SUV). I hope the C-Max will prove to be a great decision, as I spent the better part of 5 months reading articles, driving cars, comparing all aspects. My last car - Nissan Murano-2004 traded it in, before that Nissan Pathfinder 1996 and still running. My first ever Ford, so there is a lot at stake here - the Ford reputation. Ford, don't let me down now.

Automatic seats are a must, and there is no excuse not to have them in all cars. C-Max has a great one. Good visibility. Good leg and head room. I'm 5' 11". Son is 6' 5". Both very comfortable. I am a big person. Son is fit. Very quiet. Interior warms up very quickly. 300 miles on the car, now getting 41.5 MPGs city. Color - Pearl White

Add deep cushioning. No excuses. Good Foam is not expensive and not heavy. More foot and leg stretch room in the driver's foot box would be nice. You can't have too much foot or leg room, and this car's is pretty good, compared to others. Clumsy button pushing to get needed heat/cooling/radio, etc.

My First and Last Ford
By cmax_sucks

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After dealing with numerous recalls and technological glitches, I am finally throwing in the towel on my 2013 C-Max (I've had it for a year). As others have pointed out, the MPG was grossly exaggerated by Ford. At the moment, I'm dealing with relatively minor issues (i.e. entertainment system sporadically stops working, center console won't close, trunk lift gate doesn't work, warning lights randomly go on and off). It is both inconvenient and frustrating to take the car in for repairs all of the time. My last straw - last time I took it in, I returned to find the dealership showing my car to prospective customers (literally sitting in my car with my personal belongings on display).