2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews 5

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:
Retired Boomer
By hookshot1 on 06/24/13 07:14 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Researched long and hard, test drove Prius V, Mazda CX-5, and C-Max to replace '03 Highlander (great car by the way).Liked the room behind the second row in the V and CX-5 and the driveability of the CX-5. Liked the mileage (knew it didn't get 47/47/47), acceleration, handling, quietness, and accommodations in the C-Max. I have put about 1500 miles on the car so far and am getting about 43 mpg overall. Having fun playing the hybrid game! Much of my driving is in town or two lane rural highway. The mileage does suffer if you go over 65 mph. Diesel is probably the way to go if you want great interstate mileage.

Cmax tricks prius owner
By drkatt on 06/21/13 08:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I haved owned 2 priuses and wanted to try something new and the 47/47 on the sticker was close to what I was getting on the prius. After buying am only getting 37 mpg. Would give the car pluses on design, is fun to drive and comfortable but the 47/47 is a lie..not happening and the prius never failed to get near that. Oh well..lesson learned.

Satisfied Customer
By woorick on 06/13/13 17:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Driven car 5,000 miles in three months. Gas mileage averages 42 mpg; 44 mpg on local streets & highways in hilly northeast OH; and 38 mpg on interstates at 70-75 mph. Similar mileage in Adirondack Mountains of NY. Compared C-Max with Prius V when making purchase. Prius has more cargo space, but otherwise can't compare. C-Max design, gas mileage, driving comfort, fit & finish, noise levels, enjoyability, sight expanse are all superior. Pick-up entering traffic is excellent. MyFord Sync is finicky, but learnable. Entertainment, climate use are excellent. Phone sync is poor with many mistaken dialing command responses. Navigation is a disaster with inability to find many destinations.

Fun to Drive, But There Are Problems........
By jeff364 on 06/13/13 14:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The C-Max has great interior design, a good sound system, handles well and seems roomy, but there are nagging problems that drag down the car. Like another reviewer, my clock just randomly changes time. The car also randomly starts itself which is a little disconcerting. The cruise control does not throttle back when going downhill so on a long, steep hill you can end up going 20 - 25 MPH over the speed you set. I think that is a dangerous defect, although not sure if I just have a defective cruise control or this is a problem with all C-Max cruise controls.

First month
By g2121 on 06/04/13 10:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car. We enjoy driving very much. The milage has been great. According to the on board computer we are getting just under 47 MPG. However when we manually calculate we are getting 49 MPG (mostly city driving). The car handles well and rides well. We are very pleased at this point. The only thing I can say bad about it at this point is the sync system doesn't work well. It will recognize my wifes voice but it will not recognize mine. We need to stop back at the dealer to see if they have any suggestions. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who is interested in a hybrid.

Great car!
By winn17 on 06/03/13 12:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased by C Max on Halloween 2012 and I now have over 15, 000 miles on it. My lifetime average mpg is 44.2, a combination of city and 55mph driving. Admittedly the mileage plummets if I should venture onto the freeway at 65mph+. The mileage improved with warmer weather. Absolutely love driving the car!

Very Dissappointed
By jgcalbny on 05/27/13 22:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have now owned a 2013 Ford C-Max for exactly 3 months, and I am not at all happy with my purchase. Like most C-Max owners, I only get 34-35 mpg. I drive a combination of regular roads and highway roads. My main concern with the car isn't the substantially lower than advertised mpg, but rather the fact that I have now had to have Ford Roadside Assistance come and jump my car on 4 different occasions, plus had my friends jump it once. I have brought it in multiple times for service, to two different Ford dealerships. Each time, getting the same answer: "There's nothing wrong with your battery, and we did the latest update. That should fix the problem." And yet still no solution.

High Expectations...but....
By teddyp27 on 05/24/13 07:15 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I thumbed through a lot of the reviews on Edmunds.com and it seems like we are experiencing a lot of the same things. We ordered our CMax with dreams of high MPG and ruled out a Mazda CX5 solely because of it. Had I known we'd be averaging low-to-mid 30's overall I think I would have bought the Mazda instead. We follow all of the recommended driving behaviors but the fact is "highway" really means 70+ MPH (not 60 when EPA standards were written) and some of the nation (even Dearborn, MI) has cold weather. We will be happy if we can get it to about 40 mpg now that we are past the legendary 500 mile "break in period".

Our 2013 Ford C-Max Horror Story with Kelowna Ford Lincoln
By texerta on 05/23/13 15:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased this car about a month ago and we purchased it because Kelowna Ford had huge banners in the windshield of the car claiming that is got 71 MPG in the city and 69 MPG on the highway and the best we have ever gotten out of it was 40.5 MPG while driving the car very easily and gently, a far cry from 71 MPG. Even in Ford Canada's brochure on the front page they claim that the car gets 71 in the city and 69 on the highway which is a bold face lie. How much more of this crap and outright lies and deceptions are we supposed to put up with from the Kelowna Fords and the Ford Canada's of this world before we say ' enough is en

Ford Lied
By chanman11 on 05/21/13 18:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased a C-MAX after be mesmerized by the idea of 47mpg. Sure we were giving up some room but the trade off was to much to overlook. After owning the C-Max we averaged 37 mpg with 14k miles of constant monitoring of driving habits and fuel use. Ford has stretched the truth and lied to those that purchased this vehicle. For this they should be punished. Sold the C-max and bought a Dodge. I shall never buy another Ford because they can not be trusted. Sure I know all of the disclaimers but 47 city and 47 highway means you should be fairly close to 47 if you keep your foot out of it. YOU WILL ONLY ACHIEVE 47 MPG IF YOU DRIVE MOSTLY CITY DRIVING. THE HIGHWAY WILL KILL YOUR MPG.