Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

bad mpg and ford cant fix it at 9k miles
By patfran

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has been to dealership 3 times to fix the poor performance on gas mileage. Advertised 47/47/47 and lately I am getting 32.5. Gas engine turns on as I am stopping! The second visit to dealership didn't even test drive. Radio doesn't turn on and off with dashboard button. Service bulletin still hasn't fixed that. I don't think they want to do more than throw the $550 check at us. With the sleek design and ability to put some great pzazz into this vehicle, they cut it off at the knees. Hybrid without good gas mileage is not worth anything.

Good looking vehicle. Some good features. Not enough to pay the reduced purchase price.

Get the total engineering dept behind the fix(es) and get the Cmax to it's previously advertised 47

No Problems Mon
By ahjok

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my wife's C-Max June 2013, at 12,000 miles now and the car has been perfect. I believe that Ford has ironed out the kinks in early models (late 2012 - early 2013) -- we have had no problems with dead battery, SYNC system, etc. Recommend this car to anyone who want the high MPG of a hybrid with decent handling, acceleration and creature comforts. We paid $26,000 out the door and are very pleased, good job Ford!

quick.

simplify SYNC/MFT.

TimeWillTell
By researchpays

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only reason I'm rating it low on comfort is the seats. Hard seats, even with leather. But all the cars I test drove had hard seats - Subarus, Toyotas, Hondas. C-Max Hybrid is a great little zipper. Overtakes other traffic easily. Ease of entry and exit - no banging head or knees. Good storage space (but no, this is not an SUV). I hope the C-Max will prove to be a great decision, as I spent the better part of 5 months reading articles, driving cars, comparing all aspects. My last car - Nissan Murano-2004 traded it in, before that Nissan Pathfinder 1996 and still running. My first ever Ford, so there is a lot at stake here - the Ford reputation. Ford, don't let me down now.

Automatic seats are a must, and there is no excuse not to have them in all cars. C-Max has a great one. Good visibility. Good leg and head room. I'm 5' 11". Son is 6' 5". Both very comfortable. I am a big person. Son is fit. Very quiet. Interior warms up very quickly. 300 miles on the car, now getting 41.5 MPGs city. Color - Pearl White

Add deep cushioning. No excuses. Good Foam is not expensive and not heavy. More foot and leg stretch room in the driver's foot box would be nice. You can't have too much foot or leg room, and this car's is pretty good, compared to others. Clumsy button pushing to get needed heat/cooling/radio, etc.

My First and Last Ford
By cmax_sucks

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After dealing with numerous recalls and technological glitches, I am finally throwing in the towel on my 2013 C-Max (I've had it for a year). As others have pointed out, the MPG was grossly exaggerated by Ford. At the moment, I'm dealing with relatively minor issues (i.e. entertainment system sporadically stops working, center console won't close, trunk lift gate doesn't work, warning lights randomly go on and off). It is both inconvenient and frustrating to take the car in for repairs all of the time. My last straw - last time I took it in, I returned to find the dealership showing my car to prospective customers (literally sitting in my car with my personal belongings on display).

One year in, still a happy camper.
By hotpotato

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm over a year and 15,000 miles into ownership now. Car is holding up nicely. Since late 2012, Ford has issued several updates and recalls for the car to increase safety, MPG, and reliability. This may damage consumer magazine reliability scores, but results in a safer, more economical, more reliable car for all current and future owners -- I admire Ford for doing it. My mileage went up 1-2 MPG after the new software, for instance, from 36-37 to 37-38.

Drives like a sport sedan. Hauls stuff like a small truck. Gets MPG like a flyweight subcompact. (And it's random, but I really like the design of the wheels.) Recently found a new favorite. Got an iPhone paired to your C-Max? Press its Home button and you're talking to Siri via Bluetooth. Now you've got voice-activated navigation, voice-activated text messaging, etc. via your phone! (get a dash mount).

The user interface of the touch-screen stereo has been criticized, but make no mistake: the user interface of the base stereo is also very poor. The sound quality of the base stereo is no prize either, and upgrading an integrated factory system in a modern car costs thousands, not hundreds. (As I discovered the hard way.) So if you like music and can afford it, get the optional Sony stereo.