2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:
Great Car
By johnnyo7 on 07/02/13 18:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased our CMax yesterday. Average MPG now 42.7 with less than 200 miles on it. Very happy. Ride, fit, finish, technology, fantastic. What a marvel of technology.

This Car is Fabulous
By drken on 07/01/13 08:31 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just got my Ford CMax and couldn't be happier. While I only have 500 miles on the car, I'm very impressed with the gas mileage (with the a/c on no less) - getting 47.6 mpg right now. I was a little worried about the reviews of the Ford My Touch but find it pretty straight forward to use. The fit and finish in my car is top notch - no issues identified. I am a big fan of some of the comfort/appearance items on my SEL - ambient lighting, keyless start, auto lift gate. I would also recommend the skylite - really brightens the car.

A year away from a grand slam
By toolsboy on 06/24/13 16:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car exceeds expectations in almost every way. I live in Los Angeles, which presents perfect driving conditions for hybrid owners (the only benefit of LA's traffic). In my last two "trips", I got 42.5 mpg (on a 300 mile trip) and 45 mpg (most current). The handling is fantastic and the car, especially compared to other hybrids, has guts and great handling. The visibility/sight lines, as other reviewers have pointed out, are incredible. Even though I am over 6'3", I still have several inches of head room, the seat is relatively high (car is easy to get in/out of). There plenty of room for three adults in the second row. MyFord Touch is great after a period of acclimation.

Retired Boomer
By hookshot1 on 06/24/13 07:14 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Researched long and hard, test drove Prius V, Mazda CX-5, and C-Max to replace '03 Highlander (great car by the way).Liked the room behind the second row in the V and CX-5 and the driveability of the CX-5. Liked the mileage (knew it didn't get 47/47/47), acceleration, handling, quietness, and accommodations in the C-Max. I have put about 1500 miles on the car so far and am getting about 43 mpg overall. Having fun playing the hybrid game! Much of my driving is in town or two lane rural highway. The mileage does suffer if you go over 65 mph. Diesel is probably the way to go if you want great interstate mileage.

Cmax tricks prius owner
By drkatt on 06/21/13 08:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I haved owned 2 priuses and wanted to try something new and the 47/47 on the sticker was close to what I was getting on the prius. After buying am only getting 37 mpg. Would give the car pluses on design, is fun to drive and comfortable but the 47/47 is a lie..not happening and the prius never failed to get near that. Oh well..lesson learned.

Satisfied Customer
By woorick on 06/13/13 17:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Driven car 5,000 miles in three months. Gas mileage averages 42 mpg; 44 mpg on local streets & highways in hilly northeast OH; and 38 mpg on interstates at 70-75 mph. Similar mileage in Adirondack Mountains of NY. Compared C-Max with Prius V when making purchase. Prius has more cargo space, but otherwise can't compare. C-Max design, gas mileage, driving comfort, fit & finish, noise levels, enjoyability, sight expanse are all superior. Pick-up entering traffic is excellent. MyFord Sync is finicky, but learnable. Entertainment, climate use are excellent. Phone sync is poor with many mistaken dialing command responses. Navigation is a disaster with inability to find many destinations.

Fun to Drive, But There Are Problems........
By jeff364 on 06/13/13 14:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The C-Max has great interior design, a good sound system, handles well and seems roomy, but there are nagging problems that drag down the car. Like another reviewer, my clock just randomly changes time. The car also randomly starts itself which is a little disconcerting. The cruise control does not throttle back when going downhill so on a long, steep hill you can end up going 20 - 25 MPH over the speed you set. I think that is a dangerous defect, although not sure if I just have a defective cruise control or this is a problem with all C-Max cruise controls.

First month
By g2121 on 06/04/13 10:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car. We enjoy driving very much. The milage has been great. According to the on board computer we are getting just under 47 MPG. However when we manually calculate we are getting 49 MPG (mostly city driving). The car handles well and rides well. We are very pleased at this point. The only thing I can say bad about it at this point is the sync system doesn't work well. It will recognize my wifes voice but it will not recognize mine. We need to stop back at the dealer to see if they have any suggestions. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who is interested in a hybrid.

Great car!
By winn17 on 06/03/13 12:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased by C Max on Halloween 2012 and I now have over 15, 000 miles on it. My lifetime average mpg is 44.2, a combination of city and 55mph driving. Admittedly the mileage plummets if I should venture onto the freeway at 65mph+. The mileage improved with warmer weather. Absolutely love driving the car!

Very Dissappointed
By jgcalbny on 05/27/13 22:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have now owned a 2013 Ford C-Max for exactly 3 months, and I am not at all happy with my purchase. Like most C-Max owners, I only get 34-35 mpg. I drive a combination of regular roads and highway roads. My main concern with the car isn't the substantially lower than advertised mpg, but rather the fact that I have now had to have Ford Roadside Assistance come and jump my car on 4 different occasions, plus had my friends jump it once. I have brought it in multiple times for service, to two different Ford dealerships. Each time, getting the same answer: "There's nothing wrong with your battery, and we did the latest update. That should fix the problem." And yet still no solution.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid in VA is:

$130 per month*