47 mph is a lie
By fisherlcsw on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I had a 2008 civic hybred and I averaged 42 to 46 mph. I bought the C-Max because of it's reported 47 mph. At 1244 miles, I have averaged 34.2 mph. Fuelly shows of 81 drivers of c-max reporting, the majority of us are 37 mph or less. Nice car but not what was advertised.
Favorite Features
Look, drive, keyless entry,
Suggested Improvements
cup holders don't and are too small for 16 oz water bottle. Need more storage for documents, etc.
By maartenw
on 03/02/13 08:26 AM (PST)

Ford follows the EPA guidelines of testing fule economy. The charge of Ford lying is uninformed. Sometimes it serves to look within first.

By kinetic1
on 01/15/13 13:41 PM (PST)

I don't know how you are driving, but with my energi I consistenty get around 45-47 mpg on my hilly, challenging commute. On normal freeway driving without too big of hills I get over 50. I'm driving 62-65 and use cruise control. I can't imagine getting as low as 34.2 mpg unless I was driving over 70 mph or really driving aggressively. I don't since I haven't tried to get low mpg. Hmmm... I'll have to try sometime for fun. Even when I test drove a hybrid and was driving like I was in my beemer, I still saw the avg mpg in the high 30s.