47 MPG IS POSSIBLE
By hof on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I got my C-Max in March, and I have about 1300 miles on it. I have only stopped for fuel twice in that period, and neither time was I empty. When I got the car, the weather was cold and I got about 38 MPG overall. Since the weather improved, I have gotten 44 MPG overall and MPG is still going up. Since my last fill-up I have averaged 46.6. These figures are almost as good as Edmund's long term Prius-C. The C-Max is about more than mileage. It has a lot of power, at 8.5 seconds, its 0-60 is about the same as a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am. If you use that power you won't get Prius-type gas mileage. The cabin is comfortable with soft touch materials almost everywhere.
Favorite Features
MyFordTouch Economy gauges rich cabin maneuverability MPG
Suggested Improvements
A rear-view camera for the SE. The stereo could use more presence and adjustability, perhaps some DSP to go along with the electronic flavor of the car and a Pandora app. Some grocery-bag hooks would be nice. The left side economy gauges options should carry over to the right as well. The owner's manual should be viewable and searchable on the main display. There should be an OBD-II option on the main display with all of the engine data available via the OBD-II interface. There should be more color options in general including the brighter Fiesta colors and a couple shades of green. A longer version of the car as an alternative.
By hof
on 06/10/13 19:24 PM (PDT)

A quick update - my MPG seemed to peak in the spring at 46.7. The air conditioning seems to cost 2-3 MPG, about what you'd expect. For those of you who like to sleep in your car, if you put down the back seats, a 5'10" adult can lie flat diagonally across the back. With MyFordTouch, if you connect an iOS device via the USB cable, you not only have playback controls, but also program and song information on the main display. With my Android phone, I have just been able to get playback controls vial MFT. That's better than nothing.