Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

13,000 miles and no problems
By bjhhog

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is our first hybrid and I'm so glad we went with the C-max. It has gitty-up when you need it, plenty of space for two adults and one baby (and everything that comes with a baby). driveability is very good and comfortable. This is our second summer with the car, and we are achieving the 45-47 mark. Winter is a different story, more like 42. All in all a very good car and I'm truly surprised there are not more on the road.

MPG's and the acceleration

The NAV system is so frustrating. If they change that, its a 9 out of 10 for me.

So far love it!
By wellmiss

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Cmax for 15 days today! My best trip so far has netted 52.8 mpg, with an average of 42.7 mpg. I bought this car for the looks and how much fun it is driving! I can and have followed all of the hints and tips regarding driving a hybrid, and reaped those benefits, 52.8 mpg! I have also enjoyed zipping around town, and still am getting fantastic gas mileage. Will follow up in a few months!

The heated seats, the will be a must in all my cars from now on. The Bluetooth is also fun, the geek in me loves all of the info that is available.

Need a place for the smart phone in your life.

Best car I own
By alexinmemphis

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I would probably be slightly disappointed if I'd paid full price for my C-Max. We bought ours used with 7k miles on it. It now has 12k. When I bought the car, the lifetime mileage was 32 mpg. Now it's 37. Hybrids are still cars. The person who previously owned this vehicle had a very short drive cycle. If you drive a short distance- less than 5 miles, you can't expect anything to get the EPA rating. My wife drives 5 miles per day. Important- be aware of the tire inflation sticker. I thought my Cmax handled like a badly, but the dealer only put 32 psi in the tires- the sticker says 42! Make sure your tires are properly inflated, the sticker is in the driver's door jamb.

The acceleration is extremely surprising! The car is designed to run on 87 octane, and fuel economy doesn't appear to increase with octane. What 93 does increase is your ability to accelerate- especially at highway speeds. I know I'm supposed to be driving this thing to get good fuel economy, but I love when I get the chance to drop it into L and floor it at highway speeds. This car is extremely fun to drive, and as quiet as a Mercedes. I'm not just saying that, I've owned a 300 before.

LED headlights and exterior lighting would reduce power consumption and increase fuel economy at night. Prius owners must use premium fuel, why not increase the compression ratio to 14:1 and make CMax owners do the same? The power and efficiency would be worth it. Bump guards on the side Power passenger seat in SEL trim. Grand C-Max PHEV, enough said.

Love/Hate Relationship
By caliny

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved the CMax on sight. I happily looked forward to the awesome 47mpg promised on the sticker. I drove off the lot a convert to Ford. I got over that quickly. 33 days to be exact, when a tire blew out. Then a few days later, a second tire blew out. Ford said I hit a curb. I didn't. They said it was Michelin's fault. Then came the recalls, the USB connector that won't stay anchored inside the console, the audio that doesn't always work (they blame my iPhone), lame SYNC services, and the lies about the fuel economy. I am getting 41-42 MPG. Nice from the 25 my last car got, but I live in fear of tires blowing out (no spare/donut). I would trade it in if I could afford to.

Heated seats that came with it are lovely. Who knew? I like how high I sit, almost makes me think I am in an SUV. The quiet engine is a plus. Head room in both the front and rear seats is awesome.

Since you won't put a real sunroof, I suggest those little triangle windows in the front open like cars in "olden days" had (my dad's '72 Dodge Dart). It would do wonders for the air circulation and since they could open in line with the side mirrors, you wouldn't lose much (any) aerodynamics. Stop lying about gas mileage.

Impressive
By charliech47

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought the 2013 at Edmunds FMV. Very nice machine. Trip MPG is 47-48 if you stay at or bellow 65 MPH. If you drive with a bit of finesse and use the little cruise guide on the display on the left in city and cruise control on the highway you'll get very close or better to the advertised MPG. It does take a little practice to get comfy with the infotainment but practice makes perfect and only a bit more complex than my GM Saturn vue. If you do lead foot it you'll be surprised. Brilliant automotive engineering by Ford!

Smooth ride, great handling, MPG