2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:
One month in on the new C-MAX
By m8rix on 12/27/13 09:54 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our lease came due on our Prius and Toyota did not have product so we went looking and were surprised by the options we had. We drove the C-MAX and were quite surprised by it's features and performance. Overall it is 5 stars. On the test drive we put it thru its paces, rather harshly [I think to the salespersons surprise] but there was not a thing we could find fault with. If I had to list a deficiency, I'd have to list the SYNC system. Like all Microsoft products, it is better on the drawing board. A proper manual [digital would be good] of all the commands and how they fit together would be good.

I've owned my Ford C-max for a YEAR
By klovors_mom on 12/09/13 11:54 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved this car at first But now it has locked me out and won't start I got over it the first and second time but now we are on the eighth time Every time I have taken it to the ford dealer i bought it from(this is the third time) they give me a different reason and say it is fixed after they are done They even said it was my remote start i had put in even thought it did it twice before I put the starter in They told me i had to remove it cost $177.00 Oh and that remote start cost $650.00 to put in But I live in the country we have a lot of hills I am trying to get rid of the car because I have a two year old and need something that is reliable

Great, Peppy 42-43 MPG car
By hof on 11/25/13 13:46 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For most people it's not a 47 MPG car, but the fact is a great 42-43 MPG car. (My lifetime MPG peaked at 45 in October but is going down with colder weather.) Myfordtouch is fun to play with even though the speech recognition is a bit dodgy at times. The car performs much better than the Prius and is roomy for 4 adults. It doesn't really NEED a backup cam in that visibility in the back is better than a prius even without a cam, but a cam would be nice. Mine has the rear sonar which is useful, but a camera would be better. My only problem has been a tire pressure warning system light that won't go off withotu a dealer re, but that's not unique to the CMAX, that's a standard Ford part.

Best vehicle ever!
By glhouk on 11/18/13 14:38 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the C-Max for 2 and 1/2 months and 4,500 miles. This is the vehicle I have been looking for for more than 10 years. It has the large enough interior, high seating position, high roof line, ease of entry, and good handling and mileage of a very small car. It is a pleasure to drive and I am getting 38 to 45 mpg depending on wind direction and my speed. I have achieved over 50 on a few occasions but average in the lower 40's. At 65 to 70, it is around 38 to 40. The power train is so smooth, and on the interstate going 65+ and needing to pass, I was shocked at how quickly it zoomed up to 80! I am averaging 10 mpg more than my good mileage Pontiac G6.

Extremely poor reliability, failed after 2 month
By angry_custom1 on 11/06/13 17:43 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The engine had crazy noise, dealer said it is normal. The door chime is not there, now after 7 weeks, the transmission failed. Ford not only lied about the mpg, they did not even test it, they just decide to put a number there, but they have the audacity to insult Hyundai when NHTSA fined Hyundai, yet [non-permissible content removed] government did not even investigate Ford's lie. Asked Ford ex-employee, told Ford demand the orginal transmission maker to reveal their trade secret to Ford and Visteon, then both companies compete for Ford's business, of course original supplier was angry, possibly provided low-quality parts to Ford. Ford should just go out of business!

Why Such A Poor Rating from CR?
By htw on 10/29/13 08:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I hate the design of the wheels. Ford could better on the wheel choice and replace the bar grill with something more sporty. But...... Ford needs to change the bolt pattern to match the Mustang. I think the car is great; I love the seats, and the sitting position. I want these seat in my 2012 Focus. My C-mac is used in business - sometimes 100 miles per day, bought in Sept 12, it has 24K miles on it. Daily mileage is 43-45. Road trip - milesage under 60 is 44 mpg; over 65 38 mpg. The location of the air filter sucks - it took 41 minutes to change it and I had to remove that large piece of plastic. If you don't know cars, you have to take it to the dealer.

Excellent choice
By sherio on 10/06/13 06:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got my C-Max a couple of months ago. I absolutely LOVE it. It is fun to drive, zippy when you need it, fantastic gas milage. I get 44 mpg routinely with the AC on and that is exactly what my 2004 Civic Hybrid got (also a great car). But I tend to have a lead foot with take offs. My husband can get milage in the high 50-mid 60s around town and 47 on the highway. Because I could not stand to let him win, I smoothed out my quick starts and also get 46mpgs. The car is comfortable to drive and ride as a passenger. Plenty of space for passengers in the back or to haul around stuff. It is really a great car.

Love my 2013 C Max
By ctylane on 10/04/13 06:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased my C Max from Chaparral Ford in Devine TX. Have been thinking about replacing my 2005 Ford Five Hundred with 148,000 miles. I also have a 2013 Taurus Limited, so wanted a run around car. When I got the car it had about 150 or so miles on it. The dealer filled it up and I drove almost 500 miles. On the first fill-up I got 41.3 MPG. I was satisfied with that. Then I came on here and read some of the mileage figures and was surprised to see some of the low figures. I began to wonder in my mind. However on this my first fill-up I am getting between 46 and 47 with it reading 46.7 right now. I am leaving next week for Maryland, a 1800 miles trip. Will report when I return

Love my Maxie!
By bevt on 09/20/13 10:20 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my car for 2 1/2 months, have about 2500 miles, live in hilly urban area (Bay Area east of the big hills), and so far (and it's not hit its maximum efficiency yet) my Lifetime average is 43.4 mpg. Yesterday, I drove about 10 miles along the hilly streets and got 53 mpg average on that trip. I've driven along the coast for 4 hours and got 55 mpg. Sometimes I got up to 60. Nice, nice! But it all depends on how you drive it. I have a lead foot, so I've had to retrain myself to drive more peacefully. Once you get the hang of how to drive it, the C-Max does beautifully, switching to gas mode when the battery is low or if you are going up hills, going back to EV mode seamlessly.

Loving my C-Max
By cmaxdriver on 09/13/13 18:53 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

1250 miles on my C-Max SEL (not Energi) and I just filled up the second time, so that works out to 600+ per tank. So far love it. Driving mixed between city & highway.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid in VA is:

$130 per month*