2013 CMAX - so far overall dissapointed
By grayman3 on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've had the car for about 2 months. After first 2 days with it, had to take into dealer to fix stuck hazard light and replace some electronic command module. Also the microphone when using touch-free calling is terrible - people I call report harsh blowing noise. Biggest dissapointment though is the MPG - after driving over 1000 miles still averaging only 33-34MPG (combined highway/city). I know that Ford is saying must drive 3000 mi to see higher mileage, but I doubt this. I have not gotten anyware CLOSE to the promised 47MPG. I have a feeling if this continues and is happening with other people, there's going to be a class action lawsuit in the future (as happened with Honda civic hybrid)
Favorite Features
Drives well, good acceleration, overall nice materials inside. Adequate cargo space. Feature to use your foot to open back door is nice - although a bit finicky at times. Heated seats are fast and warm.
Suggested Improvements
Change MPG estimates to something more realistic to what this car gets. Ford touch very finicky - does not always work well. Would have been nice not to have taken my 2 day old new car in to the dealer to fix something. Maybe this car was rushed out to US market too quick???