2013 C-Max SEL
By kkellyp on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
3 mos, 6K miles later, love my C-Max SEL, would buy it again today. Way more comfortable than Prius V with WAY better acceleration and handling. I drive 65% freeway, heavy foot; MPG slightly disappointing 36+ most of the time, but in town on level roads in traffic I can easily top 42 mpg. Love the handling, 17" wheels and seat height, rear-seat fold-downs/cargo space, driver seat controls (wish passenger side had them). Don't love the less-than-hoped for MPG, and the driver seat gets hard on long trips. DON'T love flat-fix stuff instead of a spare tire; already had two punctures (surprising for Michelin tires!), but warning lights gave me enough time to get somewhere for fixing.
Favorite Features
Handling and acceleration (compared to other hybrids); cargo space and ease of fold-down seats; higher seating than other hybrids, and 17" wheels; driver seat comfort controls; location of infotainment controls on dash; voice-activation for almost everything. Love the extra window space and moonroof.
Suggested Improvements
Include a (small) spare tire instead of flat-fix and compressor. Seats start feeling very hard on long trips, but fine for shorter ones.
By kkellyp
on 05/04/13 13:41 PM (PDT)

Yes, I was referring to low tire warning light on dash. Haven't used the flat-fix yet, would rather get tire fixed if it is punctured. You can buy similar product most places for under $10.

By charliedee
on 04/18/13 19:11 PM (PDT)

Have had my SEL since Nov, so far, no flats, but am planning a long trip. What warning lights were you referring to when you got a flat. Were you referring to the low tire warning, or are there other lights? Also, has anyone out there used the fix-flat stuff yet? Can it be refilled, or must you buy another canister? Looking forward to hearing from someone. Thanks