2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:
No Problems Mon
By ahjok on 03/04/14 08:04 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my wife's C-Max June 2013, at 12,000 miles now and the car has been perfect. I believe that Ford has ironed out the kinks in early models (late 2012 - early 2013) -- we have had no problems with dead battery, SYNC system, etc. Recommend this car to anyone who want the high MPG of a hybrid with decent handling, acceleration and creature comforts. We paid $26,000 out the door and are very pleased, good job Ford!

TimeWillTell
By researchpays on 01/19/14 10:44 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only reason I'm rating it low on comfort is the seats. Hard seats, even with leather. But all the cars I test drove had hard seats - Subarus, Toyotas, Hondas. C-Max Hybrid is a great little zipper. Overtakes other traffic easily. Ease of entry and exit - no banging head or knees. Good storage space (but no, this is not an SUV). I hope the C-Max will prove to be a great decision, as I spent the better part of 5 months reading articles, driving cars, comparing all aspects. My last car - Nissan Murano-2004 traded it in, before that Nissan Pathfinder 1996 and still running. My first ever Ford, so there is a lot at stake here - the Ford reputation. Ford, don't let me down now.

My First and Last Ford
By cmax_sucks on 01/13/14 20:26 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After dealing with numerous recalls and technological glitches, I am finally throwing in the towel on my 2013 C-Max (I've had it for a year). As others have pointed out, the MPG was grossly exaggerated by Ford. At the moment, I'm dealing with relatively minor issues (i.e. entertainment system sporadically stops working, center console won't close, trunk lift gate doesn't work, warning lights randomly go on and off). It is both inconvenient and frustrating to take the car in for repairs all of the time. My last straw - last time I took it in, I returned to find the dealership showing my car to prospective customers (literally sitting in my car with my personal belongings on display).

One year in, still a happy camper.
By hotpotato on 01/06/14 14:18 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm over a year and 15,000 miles into ownership now. Car is holding up nicely. Since late 2012, Ford has issued several updates and recalls for the car to increase safety, MPG, and reliability. This may damage consumer magazine reliability scores, but results in a safer, more economical, more reliable car for all current and future owners -- I admire Ford for doing it. My mileage went up 1-2 MPG after the new software, for instance, from 36-37 to 37-38.

One month in on the new C-MAX
By m8rix on 12/27/13 09:54 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our lease came due on our Prius and Toyota did not have product so we went looking and were surprised by the options we had. We drove the C-MAX and were quite surprised by it's features and performance. Overall it is 5 stars. On the test drive we put it thru its paces, rather harshly [I think to the salespersons surprise] but there was not a thing we could find fault with. If I had to list a deficiency, I'd have to list the SYNC system. Like all Microsoft products, it is better on the drawing board. A proper manual [digital would be good] of all the commands and how they fit together would be good.

I've owned my Ford C-max for a YEAR
By klovors_mom on 12/09/13 11:54 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved this car at first But now it has locked me out and won't start I got over it the first and second time but now we are on the eighth time Every time I have taken it to the ford dealer i bought it from(this is the third time) they give me a different reason and say it is fixed after they are done They even said it was my remote start i had put in even thought it did it twice before I put the starter in They told me i had to remove it cost $177.00 Oh and that remote start cost $650.00 to put in But I live in the country we have a lot of hills I am trying to get rid of the car because I have a two year old and need something that is reliable

Great, Peppy 42-43 MPG car
By hof on 11/25/13 13:46 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For most people it's not a 47 MPG car, but the fact is a great 42-43 MPG car. (My lifetime MPG peaked at 45 in October but is going down with colder weather.) Myfordtouch is fun to play with even though the speech recognition is a bit dodgy at times. The car performs much better than the Prius and is roomy for 4 adults. It doesn't really NEED a backup cam in that visibility in the back is better than a prius even without a cam, but a cam would be nice. Mine has the rear sonar which is useful, but a camera would be better. My only problem has been a tire pressure warning system light that won't go off withotu a dealer re, but that's not unique to the CMAX, that's a standard Ford part.

Best vehicle ever!
By glhouk on 11/18/13 14:38 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the C-Max for 2 and 1/2 months and 4,500 miles. This is the vehicle I have been looking for for more than 10 years. It has the large enough interior, high seating position, high roof line, ease of entry, and good handling and mileage of a very small car. It is a pleasure to drive and I am getting 38 to 45 mpg depending on wind direction and my speed. I have achieved over 50 on a few occasions but average in the lower 40's. At 65 to 70, it is around 38 to 40. The power train is so smooth, and on the interstate going 65+ and needing to pass, I was shocked at how quickly it zoomed up to 80! I am averaging 10 mpg more than my good mileage Pontiac G6.

Extremely poor reliability, failed after 2 month
By angry_custom1 on 11/06/13 17:43 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The engine had crazy noise, dealer said it is normal. The door chime is not there, now after 7 weeks, the transmission failed. Ford not only lied about the mpg, they did not even test it, they just decide to put a number there, but they have the audacity to insult Hyundai when NHTSA fined Hyundai, yet [non-permissible content removed] government did not even investigate Ford's lie. Asked Ford ex-employee, told Ford demand the orginal transmission maker to reveal their trade secret to Ford and Visteon, then both companies compete for Ford's business, of course original supplier was angry, possibly provided low-quality parts to Ford. Ford should just go out of business!

Why Such A Poor Rating from CR?
By htw on 10/29/13 08:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I hate the design of the wheels. Ford could better on the wheel choice and replace the bar grill with something more sporty. But...... Ford needs to change the bolt pattern to match the Mustang. I think the car is great; I love the seats, and the sitting position. I want these seat in my 2012 Focus. My C-mac is used in business - sometimes 100 miles per day, bought in Sept 12, it has 24K miles on it. Daily mileage is 43-45. Road trip - milesage under 60 is 44 mpg; over 65 38 mpg. The location of the air filter sucks - it took 41 minutes to change it and I had to remove that large piece of plastic. If you don't know cars, you have to take it to the dealer.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon in VA is:

$130 per month*