Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

C-MAX Go
By cmaxgo

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

fast,quick,quiet,smooth ... got it up to 110 on open road , smooth as silk. fun to drive, drove a GMC Yukon for years and prefer the C-max any day. Good vision, easy to pass. In town, can't beat it. Avg 44-50 mpg in town. 36-39 highway depending on how much fun I want to have. Plenty of headroom, leg-room. My teenager is about to drive and has been eyeballing the C-Max, don't think I want to let it go. so far, best car i've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Got all the features, everything works as advertised. Hands free is awesome, and a lot less dangerous for me.

Suggested Improvements

None

NO START DEAD Battery
By daydreme

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is a cute car and comfortable if a single passenger is the primary occupant maybe 1 child anymore and it's very tight - it's not very well designed for a female. no where near enough compartments for all the items we need to carry for our children so everyday needs just ends loose all the back seat. I like how Toyota and Honda has little closed compartments on the dash.

Favorite Features

Hidden floor compartment and large front and back windshield / windows

Suggested Improvements

Here is a amazing concept - how about a car that will start or an actual functioning battery especially on rain or colder days would be great. I purchased June 2013 from the start the car has been in and out of service before I even had he T-tags off the car. I would like to go to work on time and not have to take the Crap-max in for service 6-7 times to repair the exact same issue. However, to be fair the dead battery issue sure does save gas..... what a neat trick- good job Ford marketing sure did sucker me!! I will be filing Lemon Law suit under Delaware State Law

Electrical
By drsnowball

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In July my newly leased, left over 2013 C-Max had a dead battery after sitting overnight. The clock on the dash said 8:38AM. Road side assist came and jumped to start. I called the Ford service center and was told "You must have left something on." I was certain I had not. On, Sept. 14, 2014, I came out to find my car dead again. The clock (coincidence?) read 8:38 AM; however, after the jump start the clock failed to run. Thought! For about 10 days continuing, the unlock button on my key was slow to open the passenger door and trunk lock. Perhaps an indication of the battery voltage decreasing? Tomorrow the service dept. will try to find the problem. I'll let you know.

Favorite Features

Good gas milage (47.9 MPG)

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius.

Love all the design touches, performance and features
By jcwat

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Recommended.I did my research and compared to Hybrid rivals, C-Max outshines them all. It fit my tight parameters of price, style, features and performance in every comparison. After test drive, Was impressed by performance, ergonomics, luxurious interior, room and comfort of a well thought out crossover vehicle.The little design touches show how well thought out it is, The MPG debate showed realistic mileage,and after 1500 miles, now lifetime average is 37.2 and climbing. Varies between 30's -50's (61 highest) on different trips. That's twice my 2007 Santa Fe 18.2 mpg lifetime average, so I'm happy. I'd rather have the better performance and extra features than quibble over a few mpg

Favorite Features

Had a lot of cars and It just feels good to drive. Exterior and interior style,roomy,quiet cabin,zippy engine,seamless switch from EV mode to gas, comfort, lap vents on A/C, more luxurious materials, heated leather seats, foot swipe tailgate, rear camera and sensors, changeable interior lighting color at night, headlight performnace is excellent, vacuum gas filler sytem, folding rear seats, voice activation controls for phone and navigation, puddle lamps and heated mirrors, dash info screen (green leaves growing or fallig off are a whimsical touch :o))

Suggested Improvements

Stronger plastic cover needed between windshield and rear view mirror attachment.Careful with the springy windshield shades! LED running lights as standard would finish off the upscale style. Tighter turning circle needed for 180 turns but always parks well. Better fitting top door panels to front windows, mine are bowed and flex and move when pushed (fit and finish) Easier access to, and removal of the cabin air filter at the bottom of the passenger footwell,

Mostly Nice
By daleinmn

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If I lived in a warm climate I would give this car rave reviews. In a cold climate, not so much. It has been reliable but the mileage and electric range in the winter are so much worse than in the summer, about half as good. Also, one of the big selling points to me was that I could set a departure time using my cell phone, and it would have the cabin up to a comfy temperature using wall current by the time I left. Maybe that works on 220 volts, but on 110 it starts warming about 45 minutes before departure and never does get the cabin and it does drain the battery somewhat. Also, the turning radius is absurdly bad. In hybrid mode I get about 36 mpg. After driving a Prius, that stinks.

Favorite Features

Reasonably smooth and quiet ride. Love, love, love driving in electric mode. I love the way it works with my Android smart phone to play Audible books. Love that the backup camera shows me where I'm going with the wheels turned the way they are. The automatic parallel parking feature is magic even though I don't use it that often. Comfortable ride. Lots of toys. Love the moisture sensing wipers. Love not having a gas cap. Like it way better in the summer than the winter, because the mileage and electric range are so much better. Lifetime mpg was 45 in winter. Now up to 55 in summer. But Prius gets that without using electricity and holds more cargo.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the turn radius. This isn't an 18 wheeler. If preheating the cabin using plug-in current doesn't work on 110 volts, don't tell people that it does. Create some hooks for the cargo net that work on the Energi version. Find a way to get the batteries out of the way in the cargo area. Tesla did it, and they have a lot more batteries than the C-Max. Improve the mileage in hybrid mode. Radio may be great for rock but not for classical music. Make the power rear door a little faster. It gets kind of annoying to wait for it in the rain or cold weather.