Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

NOT a Prius!
By Joy

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle 1 year old because I didn't like the visibility of the Prius after test-driving it. Visibility is great! I drive almost 30K miles a year so gas mileage was a major consideration. Although it's been a challenge getting used to a low profile car - you really need to understand this if you've only driven SUVs or traditional cars - take major adjusting. Performance is wonderful, mostly all around. My 3 major problems are with the bluetooth/navigation system, recalls and climate control. I have an iPhone and the software for this car is Microsoft. I have to reset the whole speaker/phone/bluetooth system much too often for my taste. It just doesn't work as it should. Sometimes you cannot disconnect a call and frequently, you cannot answer another call unless you end the first. And the number of recalls has been incredible. I would say about 8 in a 2 year old period and unfortunately, Ford does not make the recall process easy. Unless you have an incredibly understanding dealer, your car is gone for the day with you footing the bill for a loaner. There have been times that I've gone in for 2 recalls at the same time and when I picked up the car, service had only completed 1 because parts and pieces were not available. Climate control works but is incredibly annoying. If you are on the lowest fan for heat or A/C and turn off the temperature control, when you turn it back on it's on full fans again. No matter how well it drives and handles. I don't know if I would buy one again because of these 3 issues.

33,000 miles and still love it!
By sheriobg

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Knock on wood when I am writing this but I STILL LOVE MY C-MAX! I have 2.5 years and 33,000 miles on it. It is peppy and good to go. I get great gas milage despite my lead foot. Only issues have been recalls but those are the same as most cars (software updates and the airbag recalls that everyone has had). The dealer did a good job at getting me in and out for those minor issues. No mechanical issues. Reliable. And did I say it GOES! Not your normal hybrid. Very happy with my car!

Feed Up
By Karen Johnson

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Don't buy this car it will start breaking down and the corporation will not help you.

Better Than Expected Gas Mileage
By Domenic

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the first 2013 C-Max at my Dealership in October 2012. As of July 2015 I am coming up on my 36,000 miles. I was able to quickly maximize my gas mileage thanks to the great dashboard visuals and controls. I found the car will drive more economically than I will if I always drive on cruise control, even on short trips around town. I usually drive about five miles below the speed limit (which drives my wife crazy) and keep highways speeds under seventy. The payback is 44.3 MPG since purchase (and still improving!), but I can finish up many trips between 44 -47 MPG! On a couple of occasions when I needed power, no disappointment; this baby can dance! That is why I have seen more aggressive drivers average only 38 MPG. I adjust the driver electric seat to its highest level which gives me impressive visibility. Ford did a great job by putting in so many air vent controls that I am always comfortable. The automatic foot operated tailgate is a nice luxury that does come in handy. The rear view camera is the best I have seen. The voice controls usually work great and hands-free driving is a snap. About the only negative is that the seats could be more comfortable. It is not a problem for me, but my wife complains on long trips.

I'm Loving It!
By uncflea

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have owned it now for a couple of months and have driven close to 4,000 miles have averaged 46 MPG. My best was 61.& MPG on a 14 mile trip where I didn't get stopped by any stop lights. Used only 1 tank of gas one 2 and 1/2 week period while driving everywhere I needed and wanted to go, I didn't hold back, and I live 17 miles from town.

Of course the MPG is what I love most, closely followed by the hands free devices that make it so much safer than doing everything by hand and taking my eyes off the road.

Have not driven in snow, so I have no suggestions.

• SUV