2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:
Mostly Nice
By daleinmn on 09/01/14 07:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If I lived in a warm climate I would give this car rave reviews. In a cold climate, not so much. It has been reliable but the mileage and electric range in the winter are so much worse than in the summer, about half as good. Also, one of the big selling points to me was that I could set a departure time using my cell phone, and it would have the cabin up to a comfy temperature using wall current by the time I left. Maybe that works on 220 volts, but on 110 it starts warming about 45 minutes before departure and never does get the cabin and it does drain the battery somewhat. Also, the turning radius is absurdly bad. In hybrid mode I get about 36 mpg. After driving a Prius, that stinks.

14K And All Is Great
By nsteblay on 08/12/14 17:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the C-Max under the pretense of getting 47 Hwy / 47 city. I soon discovered that the EPA doesn't require testing in cold weather The C-Max relies on EV mode to get mileage. Living in Minnesota during the winter the engine needs to run almost constantly to keep the car warm. Hense overall I'm averaging 41 MPG per year. This summer I've been averaging 50+ MPG for commutes to work.

13,000 miles and no problems
By bjhhog on 07/07/14 06:34 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is our first hybrid and I'm so glad we went with the C-max. It has gitty-up when you need it, plenty of space for two adults and one baby (and everything that comes with a baby). driveability is very good and comfortable. This is our second summer with the car, and we are achieving the 45-47 mark. Winter is a different story, more like 42. All in all a very good car and I'm truly surprised there are not more on the road.

So far love it!
By wellmiss on 05/25/14 19:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Cmax for 15 days today! My best trip so far has netted 52.8 mpg, with an average of 42.7 mpg. I bought this car for the looks and how much fun it is driving! I can and have followed all of the hints and tips regarding driving a hybrid, and reaped those benefits, 52.8 mpg! I have also enjoyed zipping around town, and still am getting fantastic gas mileage. Will follow up in a few months!

Best car I own
By alexinmemphis on 05/19/14 18:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I would probably be slightly disappointed if I'd paid full price for my C-Max. We bought ours used with 7k miles on it. It now has 12k. When I bought the car, the lifetime mileage was 32 mpg. Now it's 37. Hybrids are still cars. The person who previously owned this vehicle had a very short drive cycle. If you drive a short distance- less than 5 miles, you can't expect anything to get the EPA rating. My wife drives 5 miles per day. Important- be aware of the tire inflation sticker. I thought my Cmax handled like a badly, but the dealer only put 32 psi in the tires- the sticker says 42! Make sure your tires are properly inflated, the sticker is in the driver's door jamb.

Love/Hate Relationship
By caliny on 05/12/14 21:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved the CMax on sight. I happily looked forward to the awesome 47mpg promised on the sticker. I drove off the lot a convert to Ford. I got over that quickly. 33 days to be exact, when a tire blew out. Then a few days later, a second tire blew out. Ford said I hit a curb. I didn't. They said it was Michelin's fault. Then came the recalls, the USB connector that won't stay anchored inside the console, the audio that doesn't always work (they blame my iPhone), lame SYNC services, and the lies about the fuel economy. I am getting 41-42 MPG. Nice from the 25 my last car got, but I live in fear of tires blowing out (no spare/donut). I would trade it in if I could afford to.

Impressive
By charliech47 on 04/29/14 13:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought the 2013 at Edmunds FMV. Very nice machine. Trip MPG is 47-48 if you stay at or bellow 65 MPH. If you drive with a bit of finesse and use the little cruise guide on the display on the left in city and cruise control on the highway you'll get very close or better to the advertised MPG. It does take a little practice to get comfy with the infotainment but practice makes perfect and only a bit more complex than my GM Saturn vue. If you do lead foot it you'll be surprised. Brilliant automotive engineering by Ford!

11,000 miles and still happy
By sherio on 04/13/14 06:49 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am surprised by some of the negative reviews so I wanted to weigh in that I am at 11,000 miles and love my c-max. I did get a late model 2013 and had to wait for after recalls. Maybe they fixed the glitches before I got mine. LOVE IT!!!

STRANDED REPETEDLY!
By kupono on 03/31/14 16:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Everything is great except the quality. We purchased a C-Max for our business and it has been a disaster. When it works we loved it... Is it worth it to have a vehicle that may leave you stranded at any point? "NO." You cannot unlock doors without power. We have had to abandon the vehicle and use an alternate to get our work done on three occasions. I was so pleased to give Ford another chance but what a disappointment. Do not buy this car until they figure out the bugs and fix them. I will never buy another Ford.

C-MAX BUMMER
By mjsrn2007 on 03/17/14 21:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved my c-max at first. Didn't mind the first time it went dead for no reason. I thought it was my fault. But after the third time...Come on Ford, stop making excuses. Now it is in the shop again and they tell me it is the transmission that has to be replaced! Really, only 30,000 miles in 1.5 years and I am driving a rental for the 4th time. I travel for a living. I want out of my lemon, but can't afford to trade off because of the upside down amount. Guess I am stuck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon in VA is:

$130 per month*