Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

NOT a Prius!
By Joy

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle 1 year old because I didn't like the visibility of the Prius after test-driving it. Visibility is great! I drive almost 30K miles a year so gas mileage was a major consideration. Although it's been a challenge getting used to a low profile car - you really need to understand this if you've only driven SUVs or traditional cars - take major adjusting. Performance is wonderful, mostly all around. My 3 major problems are with the bluetooth/navigation system, recalls and climate control. I have an iPhone and the software for this car is Microsoft. I have to reset the whole speaker/phone/bluetooth system much too often for my taste. It just doesn't work as it should. Sometimes you cannot disconnect a call and frequently, you cannot answer another call unless you end the first. And the number of recalls has been incredible. I would say about 8 in a 2 year old period and unfortunately, Ford does not make the recall process easy. Unless you have an incredibly understanding dealer, your car is gone for the day with you footing the bill for a loaner. There have been times that I've gone in for 2 recalls at the same time and when I picked up the car, service had only completed 1 because parts and pieces were not available. Climate control works but is incredibly annoying. If you are on the lowest fan for heat or A/C and turn off the temperature control, when you turn it back on it's on full fans again. No matter how well it drives and handles. I don't know if I would buy one again because of these 3 issues.

33,000 miles and still love it!
By sheriobg

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Knock on wood when I am writing this but I STILL LOVE MY C-MAX! I have 2.5 years and 33,000 miles on it. It is peppy and good to go. I get great gas milage despite my lead foot. Only issues have been recalls but those are the same as most cars (software updates and the airbag recalls that everyone has had). The dealer did a good job at getting me in and out for those minor issues. No mechanical issues. Reliable. And did I say it GOES! Not your normal hybrid. Very happy with my car!

Feed Up
By Karen Johnson

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Don't buy this car it will start breaking down and the corporation will not help you.

Better Than Expected Gas Mileage
By Domenic

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the first 2013 C-Max at my Dealership in October 2012. As of July 2015 I am coming up on my 36,000 miles. I was able to quickly maximize my gas mileage thanks to the great dashboard visuals and controls. I found the car will drive more economically than I will if I always drive on cruise control, even on short trips around town. I usually drive about five miles below the speed limit (which drives my wife crazy) and keep highways speeds under seventy. The payback is 44.3 MPG since purchase (and still improving!), but I can finish up many trips between 44 -47 MPG! On a couple of occasions when I needed power, no disappointment; this baby can dance! That is why I have seen more aggressive drivers average only 38 MPG. I adjust the driver electric seat to its highest level which gives me impressive visibility. Ford did a great job by putting in so many air vent controls that I am always comfortable. The automatic foot operated tailgate is a nice luxury that does come in handy. The rear view camera is the best I have seen. The voice controls usually work great and hands-free driving is a snap. About the only negative is that the seats could be more comfortable. It is not a problem for me, but my wife complains on long trips.

Extremely poor reliability, failed after 2 month
By angry_custom1

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The engine had crazy noise, dealer said it is normal. The door chime is not there, now after 7 weeks, the transmission failed. Ford not only lied about the mpg, they did not even test it, they just decide to put a number there, but they have the audacity to insult Hyundai when NHTSA fined Hyundai, yet [non-permissible content removed] government did not even investigate Ford's lie. Asked Ford ex-employee, told Ford demand the orginal transmission maker to reveal their trade secret to Ford and Visteon, then both companies compete for Ford's business, of course original supplier was angry, possibly provided low-quality parts to Ford. Ford should just go out of business!

Nothing

Go out of business because you simply create pure junk!

• SUV