2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:
Extremely poor reliability, failed after 2 month
By angry_custom1 on 11/06/13 17:43 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The engine had crazy noise, dealer said it is normal. The door chime is not there, now after 7 weeks, the transmission failed. Ford not only lied about the mpg, they did not even test it, they just decide to put a number there, but they have the audacity to insult Hyundai when NHTSA fined Hyundai, yet [non-permissible content removed] government did not even investigate Ford's lie. Asked Ford ex-employee, told Ford demand the orginal transmission maker to reveal their trade secret to Ford and Visteon, then both companies compete for Ford's business, of course original supplier was angry, possibly provided low-quality parts to Ford. Ford should just go out of business!

Ford Lied
By chanman11 on 05/21/13 18:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased a C-MAX after be mesmerized by the idea of 47mpg. Sure we were giving up some room but the trade off was to much to overlook. After owning the C-Max we averaged 37 mpg with 14k miles of constant monitoring of driving habits and fuel use. Ford has stretched the truth and lied to those that purchased this vehicle. For this they should be punished. Sold the C-max and bought a Dodge. I shall never buy another Ford because they can not be trusted. Sure I know all of the disclaimers but 47 city and 47 highway means you should be fairly close to 47 if you keep your foot out of it. YOU WILL ONLY ACHIEVE 47 MPG IF YOU DRIVE MOSTLY CITY DRIVING. THE HIGHWAY WILL KILL YOUR MPG.

Love/Hate Relationship
By caliny on 05/12/14 21:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved the CMax on sight. I happily looked forward to the awesome 47mpg promised on the sticker. I drove off the lot a convert to Ford. I got over that quickly. 33 days to be exact, when a tire blew out. Then a few days later, a second tire blew out. Ford said I hit a curb. I didn't. They said it was Michelin's fault. Then came the recalls, the USB connector that won't stay anchored inside the console, the audio that doesn't always work (they blame my iPhone), lame SYNC services, and the lies about the fuel economy. I am getting 41-42 MPG. Nice from the 25 my last car got, but I live in fear of tires blowing out (no spare/donut). I would trade it in if I could afford to.

STRANDED REPETEDLY!
By kupono on 03/31/14 16:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Everything is great except the quality. We purchased a C-Max for our business and it has been a disaster. When it works we loved it... Is it worth it to have a vehicle that may leave you stranded at any point? "NO." You cannot unlock doors without power. We have had to abandon the vehicle and use an alternate to get our work done on three occasions. I was so pleased to give Ford another chance but what a disappointment. Do not buy this car until they figure out the bugs and fix them. I will never buy another Ford.

bad mpg and ford cant fix it at 9k miles
By patfran on 03/16/14 19:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has been to dealership 3 times to fix the poor performance on gas mileage. Advertised 47/47/47 and lately I am getting 32.5. Gas engine turns on as I am stopping! The second visit to dealership didn't even test drive. Radio doesn't turn on and off with dashboard button. Service bulletin still hasn't fixed that. I don't think they want to do more than throw the $550 check at us. With the sleek design and ability to put some great pzazz into this vehicle, they cut it off at the knees. Hybrid without good gas mileage is not worth anything.

Very Dissappointed
By jgcalbny on 05/27/13 22:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have now owned a 2013 Ford C-Max for exactly 3 months, and I am not at all happy with my purchase. Like most C-Max owners, I only get 34-35 mpg. I drive a combination of regular roads and highway roads. My main concern with the car isn't the substantially lower than advertised mpg, but rather the fact that I have now had to have Ford Roadside Assistance come and jump my car on 4 different occasions, plus had my friends jump it once. I have brought it in multiple times for service, to two different Ford dealerships. Each time, getting the same answer: "There's nothing wrong with your battery, and we did the latest update. That should fix the problem." And yet still no solution.

2013 CMAX - NOT worth the money
By the_handiman on 12/06/12 10:31 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased our CMAX SEL 11-16-2012 because the sticker in window said 47 mpg, city & hiway. As did the sales person. Have owned the care for 3 weeks and have taken on short 100 mile trips to check mileage. At best the vehicle gets 33 MPG. Took it back to dealer and they say you have to wait until 3,000 for vehicle to get advertised mileage. Car is not worth the money. I do not advise you buy one, put your money on a vehicle that will give you your monies worth and from a dealer that will support you ..Ford should be ashamed for false advertising and poor excuses for the vehicles poor performance. Don't expect any support from your Ford Dealer or Ford !! Does not come with a spare tire either

Crappy Mileage
By jbn74135 on 12/28/12 22:07 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We recently bought a C-Max. After 636 miles, we are averaging only 31.2 mpg. We are driving extremely light foot, following the speed limit, these about 755 highway miles (reason we bought based ont the FALSELY advertised 47mpg) and have used real gas but did not see any real improvement in MPG. The only possibly excuse is that we drive 75 on the interstate (OKLA speed limit). However, even in town, following the little blue guidelines (on the display), we still only get about 32 in the city. The car is roomy and relatively comfortable but if you are thinking you will get 47, you are about to be cheated.

2013 ford cmax sel
By rick_smith on 12/12/12 13:09 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just passed the 3000mi. mark on my 2013 cmax. was getting 38 mpg until the weather got cold. now it is down to 32 mpg. i believe the car is not worth the extra $15,000.00 spent. save your money! If and when the electric portion comes on, its a miricle! usually after you drive 30-50 miles. yes i am extremely disapointed!

My First and Last Ford
By cmax_sucks on 01/13/14 20:26 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After dealing with numerous recalls and technological glitches, I am finally throwing in the towel on my 2013 C-Max (I've had it for a year). As others have pointed out, the MPG was grossly exaggerated by Ford. At the moment, I'm dealing with relatively minor issues (i.e. entertainment system sporadically stops working, center console won't close, trunk lift gate doesn't work, warning lights randomly go on and off). It is both inconvenient and frustrating to take the car in for repairs all of the time. My last straw - last time I took it in, I returned to find the dealership showing my car to prospective customers (literally sitting in my car with my personal belongings on display).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid in VA is:

$130 per month*