2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:
2014 4K review
By hounder219 on 11/04/14 12:37 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just a review of what I think so far. I have a 2014 SE without nav. I got this car because of I will be on the road quite a bit in the next few years a needed a good MPG car. Just completed a 3,200 mile trip with some 8 to 13hr runs and seating and controls are great. Front seats are awesome the rear not great. I'm 6'2" and felt very comfortable. This is my first SYNC car and the BT worked very well. Loved how all the controls worked and felt after the learning curve was completed. The car itself is very solid and quite. Not like the Prius or Honda Civic which I felt a bit like a tin can. Viability is awesome as are the mirrors.

2013 CMAX Great Car!
By happycmaxowner on 09/24/14 15:40 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very happy with my CMAX purchase. Buying the 2013 at the beginning of 2014 allowed a $5000 markdown on a new car, erasing the mark-up diff of a hybrid. I have gotten 42 mpg city/42 mpg hwy consistently over 7000 miles. (Sure I get higher when really trying!) Pleased with the interior space width. Comfortable filled with 4 people. No issues in 9 months of ownership! And paying for half the gas I used to. woot woot!

Electrical
By drsnowball on 09/15/14 14:32 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In July my newly leased, left over 2013 C-Max had a dead battery after sitting overnight. The clock on the dash said 8:38AM. Road side assist came and jumped to start. I called the Ford service center and was told "You must have left something on." I was certain I had not. On, Sept. 14, 2014, I came out to find my car dead again. The clock (coincidence?) read 8:38 AM; however, after the jump start the clock failed to run. Thought! For about 10 days continuing, the unlock button on my key was slow to open the passenger door and trunk lock. Perhaps an indication of the battery voltage decreasing? Tomorrow the service dept. will try to find the problem. I'll let you know.

Love all the design touches, performance and features
By jcwat on 09/15/14 02:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Recommended.I did my research and compared to Hybrid rivals, C-Max outshines them all. It fit my tight parameters of price, style, features and performance in every comparison. After test drive, Was impressed by performance, ergonomics, luxurious interior, room and comfort of a well thought out crossover vehicle.The little design touches show how well thought out it is, The MPG debate showed realistic mileage,and after 1500 miles, now lifetime average is 37.2 and climbing. Varies between 30's -50's (61 highest) on different trips. That's twice my 2007 Santa Fe 18.2 mpg lifetime average, so I'm happy. I'd rather have the better performance and extra features than quibble over a few mpg

Mostly Nice
By daleinmn on 09/01/14 07:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If I lived in a warm climate I would give this car rave reviews. In a cold climate, not so much. It has been reliable but the mileage and electric range in the winter are so much worse than in the summer, about half as good. Also, one of the big selling points to me was that I could set a departure time using my cell phone, and it would have the cabin up to a comfy temperature using wall current by the time I left. Maybe that works on 220 volts, but on 110 it starts warming about 45 minutes before departure and never does get the cabin and it does drain the battery somewhat. Also, the turning radius is absurdly bad. In hybrid mode I get about 36 mpg. After driving a Prius, that stinks.

14K And All Is Great
By nsteblay on 08/12/14 17:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the C-Max under the pretense of getting 47 Hwy / 47 city. I soon discovered that the EPA doesn't require testing in cold weather The C-Max relies on EV mode to get mileage. Living in Minnesota during the winter the engine needs to run almost constantly to keep the car warm. Hense overall I'm averaging 41 MPG per year. This summer I've been averaging 50+ MPG for commutes to work.

13,000 miles and no problems
By bjhhog on 07/07/14 06:34 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is our first hybrid and I'm so glad we went with the C-max. It has gitty-up when you need it, plenty of space for two adults and one baby (and everything that comes with a baby). driveability is very good and comfortable. This is our second summer with the car, and we are achieving the 45-47 mark. Winter is a different story, more like 42. All in all a very good car and I'm truly surprised there are not more on the road.

So far love it!
By wellmiss on 05/25/14 19:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Cmax for 15 days today! My best trip so far has netted 52.8 mpg, with an average of 42.7 mpg. I bought this car for the looks and how much fun it is driving! I can and have followed all of the hints and tips regarding driving a hybrid, and reaped those benefits, 52.8 mpg! I have also enjoyed zipping around town, and still am getting fantastic gas mileage. Will follow up in a few months!

Best car I own
By alexinmemphis on 05/19/14 18:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I would probably be slightly disappointed if I'd paid full price for my C-Max. We bought ours used with 7k miles on it. It now has 12k. When I bought the car, the lifetime mileage was 32 mpg. Now it's 37. Hybrids are still cars. The person who previously owned this vehicle had a very short drive cycle. If you drive a short distance- less than 5 miles, you can't expect anything to get the EPA rating. My wife drives 5 miles per day. Important- be aware of the tire inflation sticker. I thought my Cmax handled like a badly, but the dealer only put 32 psi in the tires- the sticker says 42! Make sure your tires are properly inflated, the sticker is in the driver's door jamb.

Love/Hate Relationship
By caliny on 05/12/14 21:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved the CMax on sight. I happily looked forward to the awesome 47mpg promised on the sticker. I drove off the lot a convert to Ford. I got over that quickly. 33 days to be exact, when a tire blew out. Then a few days later, a second tire blew out. Ford said I hit a curb. I didn't. They said it was Michelin's fault. Then came the recalls, the USB connector that won't stay anchored inside the console, the audio that doesn't always work (they blame my iPhone), lame SYNC services, and the lies about the fuel economy. I am getting 41-42 MPG. Nice from the 25 my last car got, but I live in fear of tires blowing out (no spare/donut). I would trade it in if I could afford to.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid in VA is:

$130 per month*