Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford C-max-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

C-MAX Go
By cmaxgo

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

fast,quick,quiet,smooth ... got it up to 110 on open road , smooth as silk. fun to drive, drove a GMC Yukon for years and prefer the C-max any day. Good vision, easy to pass. In town, can't beat it. Avg 44-50 mpg in town. 36-39 highway depending on how much fun I want to have. Plenty of headroom, leg-room. My teenager is about to drive and has been eyeballing the C-Max, don't think I want to let it go. so far, best car i've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Got all the features, everything works as advertised. Hands free is awesome, and a lot less dangerous for me.

Suggested Improvements

None

NO START DEAD Battery
By daydreme

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is a cute car and comfortable if a single passenger is the primary occupant maybe 1 child anymore and it's very tight - it's not very well designed for a female. no where near enough compartments for all the items we need to carry for our children so everyday needs just ends loose all the back seat. I like how Toyota and Honda has little closed compartments on the dash.

Favorite Features

Hidden floor compartment and large front and back windshield / windows

Suggested Improvements

Here is a amazing concept - how about a car that will start or an actual functioning battery especially on rain or colder days would be great. I purchased June 2013 from the start the car has been in and out of service before I even had he T-tags off the car. I would like to go to work on time and not have to take the Crap-max in for service 6-7 times to repair the exact same issue. However, to be fair the dead battery issue sure does save gas..... what a neat trick- good job Ford marketing sure did sucker me!! I will be filing Lemon Law suit under Delaware State Law

2014 4K review
By hounder219

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just a review of what I think so far. I have a 2014 SE without nav. I got this car because of I will be on the road quite a bit in the next few years a needed a good MPG car. Just completed a 3,200 mile trip with some 8 to 13hr runs and seating and controls are great. Front seats are awesome the rear not great. I'm 6'2" and felt very comfortable. This is my first SYNC car and the BT worked very well. Loved how all the controls worked and felt after the learning curve was completed. The car itself is very solid and quite. Not like the Prius or Honda Civic which I felt a bit like a tin can. Viability is awesome as are the mirrors.

Favorite Features

Duh, the MPG. On my trip I averaged 39mpg (not computer ave) with no conserving at all (i.e. driving like a normal car). Around town driving with conservation in mind I a ave. anywhere from 45 to 70mpg on 10 mile trips. The C-Max is fun to drive and has a lot of power when you need it. Having the SE I don't have many of the luxuries other than heated seats and power rear lift gate and personally feel I'm not missing anything. Loving the head room and width of the C-Max.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius is bad for a small car. I swear my truck has a better turning radius. Rear seat should be better padded. It would be great if the window opened on the rear lift gate. Sometimes a hassle to open the lift gate when you just need something small out of the back.

2013 CMAX Great Car!
By happycmaxowner

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very happy with my CMAX purchase. Buying the 2013 at the beginning of 2014 allowed a $5000 markdown on a new car, erasing the mark-up diff of a hybrid. I have gotten 42 mpg city/42 mpg hwy consistently over 7000 miles. (Sure I get higher when really trying!) Pleased with the interior space width. Comfortable filled with 4 people. No issues in 9 months of ownership! And paying for half the gas I used to. woot woot!

Favorite Features

gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage! Also like the space for two front seat passengers, ease of operating NAV system. Great GPS, sound/radio system, storage. Love the auto hatchback open button and the cover to hide your "trunk space". Love the "leaves" feedback.

Suggested Improvements

Wish for more trunk space, for auto seat adjustment controls in the SE, for keypad entrance to car, for more "lessons" on car features, for other interior colors.

Electrical
By drsnowball

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In July my newly leased, left over 2013 C-Max had a dead battery after sitting overnight. The clock on the dash said 8:38AM. Road side assist came and jumped to start. I called the Ford service center and was told "You must have left something on." I was certain I had not. On, Sept. 14, 2014, I came out to find my car dead again. The clock (coincidence?) read 8:38 AM; however, after the jump start the clock failed to run. Thought! For about 10 days continuing, the unlock button on my key was slow to open the passenger door and trunk lock. Perhaps an indication of the battery voltage decreasing? Tomorrow the service dept. will try to find the problem. I'll let you know.

Favorite Features

Good gas milage (47.9 MPG)

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius.