Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

Under rated hybrid.
By Robert Salyzyn

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car! If you are looking at a hybrid, seriously consider this one. May not get as good mileage as the Prius, but it has more HP than you would think and will cost significantly less. The quality and ride comfort is excellent! Get the SEL version. It is worth the extra cost.

Hybrid here I come!
By John E. Lamar

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had thought for some time I would own a hybrid, but it wasn't until I went shopping for a newer car for my wife, that I actually bought one. I had ridden in a Prius, which may have been an older model, because it looked cheap inside and rode poorly. The inside of the C-MAX looks like Ford was trying to make it for real people who liked things that looked nice and not cheap. Both my wife and I like the C-MAX and, with the dealer installed rear camera, it is a very useful vehicle and rides well. The 8 year warranty from Ford on the engine-battery-transmission system plus a 7 year warranty on the whole car made the investment worthwhile.
The car is even fun to drive because of its tight steering and braking.

NOT a Prius!
By Joy

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle 1 year old because I didn't like the visibility of the Prius after test-driving it. Visibility is great! I drive almost 30K miles a year so gas mileage was a major consideration. Although it's been a challenge getting used to a low profile car - you really need to understand this if you've only driven SUVs or traditional cars - take major adjusting. Performance is wonderful, mostly all around. My 3 major problems are with the bluetooth/navigation system, recalls and climate control.

I have an iPhone and the software for this car is Microsoft. I have to reset the whole speaker/phone/bluetooth system much too often for my taste. It just doesn't work as it should. Sometimes you cannot disconnect a call and frequently, you cannot answer another call unless you end the first.

And the number of recalls has been incredible. I would say about 8 in a 2 year old period and unfortunately, Ford does not make the recall process easy. Unless you have an incredibly understanding dealer, your car is gone for the day with you footing the bill for a loaner. There have been times that I've gone in for 2 recalls at the same time and when I picked up the car, service had only completed 1 because parts and pieces were not available.

Climate control works but is incredibly annoying. If you are on the lowest fan for heat or A/C and turn off the temperature control, when you turn it back on it's on full fans again.

No matter how well it drives and handles. I don't know if I would buy one again because of these 3 issues.

33,000 miles and still love it!
By sheriobg

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Knock on wood when I am writing this but I STILL LOVE MY C-MAX! I have 2.5 years and 33,000 miles on it. It is peppy and good to go. I get great gas milage despite my lead foot. Only issues have been recalls but those are the same as most cars (software updates and the airbag recalls that everyone has had). The dealer did a good job at getting me in and out for those minor issues. No mechanical issues. Reliable. And did I say it GOES! Not your normal hybrid. Very happy with my car!

Feed Up
By Karen Johnson

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Don't buy this car it will start breaking down and the corporation will not help you.