2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:
11,000 miles and still happy
By sherio on 04/13/14 06:49 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am surprised by some of the negative reviews so I wanted to weigh in that I am at 11,000 miles and love my c-max. I did get a late model 2013 and had to wait for after recalls. Maybe they fixed the glitches before I got mine. LOVE IT!!!

STRANDED REPETEDLY!
By kupono on 03/31/14 16:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Everything is great except the quality. We purchased a C-Max for our business and it has been a disaster. When it works we loved it... Is it worth it to have a vehicle that may leave you stranded at any point? "NO." You cannot unlock doors without power. We have had to abandon the vehicle and use an alternate to get our work done on three occasions. I was so pleased to give Ford another chance but what a disappointment. Do not buy this car until they figure out the bugs and fix them. I will never buy another Ford.

C-MAX BUMMER
By mjsrn2007 on 03/17/14 21:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved my c-max at first. Didn't mind the first time it went dead for no reason. I thought it was my fault. But after the third time...Come on Ford, stop making excuses. Now it is in the shop again and they tell me it is the transmission that has to be replaced! Really, only 30,000 miles in 1.5 years and I am driving a rental for the 4th time. I travel for a living. I want out of my lemon, but can't afford to trade off because of the upside down amount. Guess I am stuck.

bad mpg and ford cant fix it at 9k miles
By patfran on 03/16/14 19:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has been to dealership 3 times to fix the poor performance on gas mileage. Advertised 47/47/47 and lately I am getting 32.5. Gas engine turns on as I am stopping! The second visit to dealership didn't even test drive. Radio doesn't turn on and off with dashboard button. Service bulletin still hasn't fixed that. I don't think they want to do more than throw the $550 check at us. With the sleek design and ability to put some great pzazz into this vehicle, they cut it off at the knees. Hybrid without good gas mileage is not worth anything.

No Problems Mon
By ahjok on 03/04/14 08:04 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my wife's C-Max June 2013, at 12,000 miles now and the car has been perfect. I believe that Ford has ironed out the kinks in early models (late 2012 - early 2013) -- we have had no problems with dead battery, SYNC system, etc. Recommend this car to anyone who want the high MPG of a hybrid with decent handling, acceleration and creature comforts. We paid $26,000 out the door and are very pleased, good job Ford!

TimeWillTell
By researchpays on 01/19/14 10:44 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only reason I'm rating it low on comfort is the seats. Hard seats, even with leather. But all the cars I test drove had hard seats - Subarus, Toyotas, Hondas. C-Max Hybrid is a great little zipper. Overtakes other traffic easily. Ease of entry and exit - no banging head or knees. Good storage space (but no, this is not an SUV). I hope the C-Max will prove to be a great decision, as I spent the better part of 5 months reading articles, driving cars, comparing all aspects. My last car - Nissan Murano-2004 traded it in, before that Nissan Pathfinder 1996 and still running. My first ever Ford, so there is a lot at stake here - the Ford reputation. Ford, don't let me down now.

My First and Last Ford
By cmax_sucks on 01/13/14 20:26 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After dealing with numerous recalls and technological glitches, I am finally throwing in the towel on my 2013 C-Max (I've had it for a year). As others have pointed out, the MPG was grossly exaggerated by Ford. At the moment, I'm dealing with relatively minor issues (i.e. entertainment system sporadically stops working, center console won't close, trunk lift gate doesn't work, warning lights randomly go on and off). It is both inconvenient and frustrating to take the car in for repairs all of the time. My last straw - last time I took it in, I returned to find the dealership showing my car to prospective customers (literally sitting in my car with my personal belongings on display).

One year in, still a happy camper.
By hotpotato on 01/06/14 14:18 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm over a year and 15,000 miles into ownership now. Car is holding up nicely. Since late 2012, Ford has issued several updates and recalls for the car to increase safety, MPG, and reliability. This may damage consumer magazine reliability scores, but results in a safer, more economical, more reliable car for all current and future owners -- I admire Ford for doing it. My mileage went up 1-2 MPG after the new software, for instance, from 36-37 to 37-38.

One month in on the new C-MAX
By m8rix on 12/27/13 09:54 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our lease came due on our Prius and Toyota did not have product so we went looking and were surprised by the options we had. We drove the C-MAX and were quite surprised by it's features and performance. Overall it is 5 stars. On the test drive we put it thru its paces, rather harshly [I think to the salespersons surprise] but there was not a thing we could find fault with. If I had to list a deficiency, I'd have to list the SYNC system. Like all Microsoft products, it is better on the drawing board. A proper manual [digital would be good] of all the commands and how they fit together would be good.

I've owned my Ford C-max for a YEAR
By klovors_mom on 12/09/13 11:54 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved this car at first But now it has locked me out and won't start I got over it the first and second time but now we are on the eighth time Every time I have taken it to the ford dealer i bought it from(this is the third time) they give me a different reason and say it is fixed after they are done They even said it was my remote start i had put in even thought it did it twice before I put the starter in They told me i had to remove it cost $177.00 Oh and that remote start cost $650.00 to put in But I live in the country we have a lot of hills I am trying to get rid of the car because I have a two year old and need something that is reliable

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid in NJ is:

$174 per month*