2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon - Consumer Reviews

SEL 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (7 reviews )

cmaxenergo
By Dennis Owens

On my 2nd engi.
By Al

2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got one in 13 as lease. I'm s up and getting my 2nd one. Had the hybrid first did not care for it but love the engi. First 1 1/2 years before needed gas. Now I drive more so avg around 180 mpe. And buy gas every 1200 miles or so for 10 gal. I drive at 80 plus 20 miles each way to work and home. Charge at home and work So get a fair amount of elec use. I est the elec cost @ 85. A gal equivalent for the electricity But the best part is not going to gas station often and just quiet elec is

CMax Energie
By ralph Stephenson

2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought the plug in hibred because most of out shopping consists of 16 mile trips to the grocery store and to the doctors office. The car will go more than that distance on batteries alone so no gas costs. Also since the body is based on the wagon and sitting position is upright it is much easier to get into and out of for handicapped people like me, which was a big selling point. Also Ford gave very generous rebate and discounts, making it a realatively inexpensive car for what it is. We compared it with the Audi Etron and the BMW 320e, the only other plug in hibreds available. .

Don't want my car
By Joan

2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We signed the papers to lease this car on Saturday, August 13, 2016. 62 miles on the odometer. After sitting in the lot learning how to operate the car, we were ready to go! But the car would not start. Nothing! No one knew what to do, but finally they got it going. The salesman said that they reset the code. Drove home ( with a Ford employee following in case of a breakdown) and got home with no problem. On Wednesday, August 17th the car would not start again. Now there were 122 miles on the odometer. I had the car towed to the nearest dealership and there she sits. The service manager called and said that the "electronic control module for hybrid" needs replacing. This part is on back order. Does this mean that there is a run on this part?? I no longer want this car. I bought this car to replace my 14 year old car, because I wanted a reliable car. Ha ha. I'd like to be able to keep in touch with Ray Brisbine of CA. He seems to have had the same experience and I'd like to know if his problems were resolved.

Is FORD asleep
By RAY Brisbine

2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car was purchased June 29, 2016 .From Livermore Ford in Livermore California...drove the car 39 miles--there are 84 miles on the speedometer. In less than 24 hours, the car would NOT start! Two weeks plus and Ford still has NO fix for this problem. The car is still sitting at the dealership and cannot be started. The dealer service dept. is still waiting to hear from Ford Motor Co. for some type of "fix". The Customer Service Rep. from Ford Motor Co. had only one suggestion "give them time to fix the problem." Wow--we have no new car to drive, and Ford has our money which paid for the entire price of the car in cash! We are home now--900 miles from the new car, which we could not drive home, and no one seems upset by this problem except for us and the dealership which has the car........Ray Brisbine [contact info removed]........[ .July 24 and still do not have car ]