2013 Ford C-Max Energi Consumer Review: 9-Months and 42,000 miles on t

2013 Ford C-Max Energi - Consumer Review

2013 Ford C-Max Energi

SEL Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

9-Months and 42,000 miles on the CMAX Energi
By middleof on

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my Energi in August 2013.
So far the car has been flawless other than some bugs in the "Sync" system that have been fixed by a software update.
I typically drive 200 miles per day on Southern California freeways commuting to various construction sites.
I often drive into Los Angeles, the deserts and mountains for work.
This car is very comfortable at freeway speeds, where I drive with the flow of traffic, often 80 mph.
At the speeds I drive and distances between charges, I am very happy with my 42+ mpg.
I am by no means a hyper-miler, and I carry hundreds of pounds of gear in the car every day.

Comfortable seating: I am a big guy and the upright seating position and comfortable seats make long drives a pleasure. HOV: I have saved hundreds of hours by being able to use HOV lanes while driving solo. IMO, having the green access sticker on the car has been worth the purchase price for driving here in SoCal.

Make an Energi version of the Ford Escape. I drive on a lot of dirt roads at construction sites and have to be careful with the cmax. A vehicle with more ground clearance with Energi performance would be a real winner.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review