Never Buying Ford Again
By katmitchell94 on
2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
This is my second Ford, and it is definitely my last. The gas mileage is good, but it is built so cheaply I am embarrassed I bought it. I have had it for 3 months and it is in service for the third time. It has already had an oil leak, the rear passenger door doesn't open due to the entire inner door panel falling repeatedly, and the front passenger window doesn't close completely without many tries and frustration. And as I was taking it in to service, one of the plastic covers in the back seat fell off. I paid way too much for this car, and now I'm stuck for years with it, as I can't afford another new car. I do not recommend a C-Max unless you like hanging out at the dealership.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage
Suggested Improvements
Cutting the price in half, since the car is not worth the money. Possibly including free service for the lifetime of the vehicle, as it will be in the service department often.
By checkitout
on 05/12/13 01:36 AM (PDT)

My CMAX Energi is having the same problems with the back door, where it locks up and can't be opened. When we or the dealer forces it open, the door panel keeps falling. I am wondering if they ever fixed that problem for you? If so what was the deal with it? Thanks in advance.