Love Ford C-Max Energi plugin
By m_b2 on
2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
The Energi is the first car I have found with significant electric range and a hybrid backup system that is practical. Volt is sporty but the dimensions of the car don't fulfill my everyday needs.
Favorite Features
Plugin gas mileage. I drive 18-20 miles to work on all electric. The large company that I work for, which is interested in being green, is putting in a plugin station for me so I can commute home on electric as well. Haven't gone to the gasoline station since buying the car. Headroom and practical dimensions yet sporty exterior. Handles well. Have short family member that can use telescoping steering wheel to stay 12" away from the steering wheel's airbag.
Suggested Improvements
Dealerships are not aquainted with this car so we had to educate ourselves. Probably for the same reason they didn't encourage us to drive this car. We found most dealers didn't know how to drive the car on all electric. Had to figure this our ourselves. Dealers steered us away from the plugin C-Max Energi to the regular hybrid version. So glad we persisted.