I really like this thing
By imaxmagee on
2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
My company installed some charging stations which prompted me at least look at some plug-in vehicles. I just couldn't bring myself to consider the Prius (plus it only goes 11 miles on electric), and the Volt was really nice, but just too small. That left the C-MAX, and I couldn't be happier. I am absolutely amazed at the quality of the car. It feels great all around, and I swear, they fixed everything I hated about every car I have had before it. I plug it in at work everyday and that is it. My round-trip commute is about 20 miles, so it really gets me home and back. On the weekends, I just drive it as a hybrid and it works great. The only thing I don't like is the turning radius.
Favorite Features
Auto everything (lights, windshield wipers, auto-up/down windows (all of them!)). I love the EV part of this car. Not a speed demon, but I don't feel deprived in electric mode, plus you can always kick the engine in for more power. I also love being able to save the EV battery for later. The interior is great, looks great, feels great. The seating position is kind of upright, which I also love. I can't stand being in a low car where your legs have to stretch out 5 feet in front of you.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I really don't like is the turning radius. It definitely could be better. I guess the SYNC voice recognition could be better too. In a time when we have Siri and Google voice search, we should be able to give real language commands instead of learning a cryptic way of stating things.