Great Car, Much Better Than Hoped For
By barco1 on
2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Have 2000 miles on the car so far and loving it. Big pluses: seats are very supportive and comfortable. Driving is nimble and quick, dare I say sportscar like? Driving country roads is quite fun. Freeway driving is great; I'd have no problem taking this on a long road trip. Driving in all electric mode has a great feeling to it, hard to describe, but there is a direct response to it, not sluggish at all. I plug it into a normal outlet at night, fully charged every morning. So far, combined MPG is 51, and I do not have driving habits that promote good mileage. Only major drawback is the fact the back storage is not flat when the back seats are down, due to the batteries.
Favorite Features
All-electric mode. Comfortable seats. Ford Sync works for me (don't know why everyone cries about it). Saving money on gas. Sits up on the road, you don't feel like you are in a small car (I've been in big SUV's for 20 years, and don't miss it a bit)
Suggested Improvements
Flat back cargo space when back seats are down.
By socaldavidv
on 03/23/13 17:28 PM (PDT)

Had my C-Max Energi for just one month now. Only 14.5 miles to and from work each day making the battery range perfect for my commute. I leave the house in the morning with 21-22 mile battery range and arrive back at home with 5-7 miles range still showing on the battery indicator. As the Ford dealer promised the battery range is getting more accurate as the car learns about my driving habits. When I first got the car it indicated a full battery charge would take me only 17 miles. Less than 700 miles on my car so far and the MPG is an amazing 214 MPG and still increasing each week. I wonder how high it will go? On weekends when the hybrid engine has to kick in the average drops but so far it has more than recovered every week thanks to the electric only commute. Got my first power bill since getting the car this week (I plug in at home every night). The increase in my electric usage amounts to less than $0.06 per mile even at SDG&E standard rates. I have applied for TOU-2 billing which will lower the cost of charging the car by 40-50% simply by scheduling the charge cycle start at 12am.