2013 Ford C-Max Energi - Consumer Reviews

SEL 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (19 reviews )
Great car
By shbenton on 03/29/14 05:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my c-Max Energi for 8 months. I live in a town of about 200,000 and drive about 25 miles per day with occasional road trips 2-3 hours away. I live in the south, so I haven't had the recharging issue others report. I am getting 100 miles per gallon and using about $23 per month in electricity. It is roomy and comfortable, has great pick-up, and easy to park. I love it.

Ford customer service is the worst part
By slant33 on 03/24/14 17:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ford's MyTouch (Nav & entertain system) is truly a lesson in anger management. Tho the car can be equipped with many features, the quality or operation is low compared to the price of the car. But woe to you should you need assist from Ford HQ resolving any issues. Their customer service rates a zero and would test the patience of any preacher.

Energi won't run on battery alone - otherwise good
By drdan3 on 03/20/14 06:49 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought a 2013 model with 303a option. It is fine in most ways - power, comfort, build quality. However, what we discovered is that the EV only mode goes to zero as temperatures drop. In part this is due to use of heater/seat warmers. But as temperatures have increase in Maryland, EV mode has not returned and is still zero. The car goes automatically into hybrid mode. Gas mileage hovers around 35 mpg. Taking it to Ford dealer tomorrow...

Good drivetrain but electronics ruined it
By familycarbuyer on 03/02/14 15:03 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car 2 months ago and have been driving it to and from work mostly. The concept is very good -- i.e. a plugin hatchback. The car handles fairly well and the motors do what they are supposed to do. The electronics are not there yet, however. Specifically, the charging software, the navigation and the voice recognition are all downright horrible and have really ruined the experience for me.

New to Ford, 2nd Hybrid, Nice but
By pekingrick on 02/01/14 13:20 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First Ford ever- had a 2007 Prius, and while loved the mileage didn't like the low-rent interior. Got this car, loved the interior, the solid-feeling doors, the high-quality plastics, leather seats - and the price w/Costco's auto program. First problem - a rattle developed. Dealer kept the car overnight (gave me a Lincoln MKZ as a free rental - nice!); turned out the antenna was loose. With 10k miles now, a few interior squeaks have developed. Mileage is great - averaging about 49 mpg so far. Electric range can vary from 18- 25 miles (okay, but....). regens nicely coming down from Big Bear to a full "tank"! MyFord Mobile app doesn't work well. Value charge feature - fantastic. Love the car!

I love my C-MAX Hybrid
By new_to_ford on 01/27/14 11:27 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is everything I hoped it would be. I'm really pleased with it. I'm a first time Ford buyer and if Ford keeps making cars like this one, I'll buy more.

Great car with great features
By sanjay92 on 09/12/13 14:12 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

CMAX Energi 2013 with 302 option: Bought on Labor day weekend with good deal. Very good interior. Leather seats , Nice looking dash board, Plenty of leg room, looks very roomy, gives compact SUV look. Pros : 1. You can control lock/unlock, set your desired temp from Web or Mobile app. You can see where car is parked from Mobile app. You can schedule time to charge. 2. Sends emails or SMS when charge is going to start and expected time to finish. You can configure all kind of alerts. 3. Navigation,Phone, Climate Control & Radio Voice Commands works fine. 4. No issue in setting up Garage opener. 5. Car is much powerful than Prius and handles very well.

Do your homework before purchasing
By stodhill on 08/22/13 17:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the C-Max Energi with the thought of driving the vehicle only a few miles per day, plugging it in at night, and almost never having to visit a gas station. The big problem with that is the lithium ion battery is charged, but the 12 volt battery which initially cranks the engine isn't being charged at the same time. So what happens? You go out to start the car, and the 12 volt battery is dead because the 12 volt is gradually being drained. The local dealer said that's the case because the Energi has no alternator. So if you don't drive extended miles every few days or so, the 12 volt battery will gradually be drained. This happened twice to me.

I really like this thing
By imaxmagee on 08/20/13 10:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My company installed some charging stations which prompted me at least look at some plug-in vehicles. I just couldn't bring myself to consider the Prius (plus it only goes 11 miles on electric), and the Volt was really nice, but just too small. That left the C-MAX, and I couldn't be happier. I am absolutely amazed at the quality of the car. It feels great all around, and I swear, they fixed everything I hated about every car I have had before it. I plug it in at work everyday and that is it. My round-trip commute is about 20 miles, so it really gets me home and back. On the weekends, I just drive it as a hybrid and it works great. The only thing I don't like is the turning radius.

CMax energi 86mpg
By dree on 05/13/13 08:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned Cmax since 1/1/13 you will get this mileage (85mpg and increasing) if you drive less than 40 miles between charges with like 1/2 freeway. If you drive alot more than that a day you will probably do better with another car. Nice drive and havent been back to dealer yet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.