2013 Ford C-Max Energi - Consumer Reviews

SEL 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (22 reviews )
2013 C-Max Energi SEL with all the goodies.
By dathomir on 06/16/14 20:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased last month (May), one of the last 2013's on the dealers lot and purchased for well below invoice and 0% for 72. Originally was going to purchase a Focus Electric, but with range anxiety and needing more room, the C-Max Energi was the smarter choice. Even with a battery pack in the trunk, can fit a stroller out back, will swallow groceries with ease, and with the rear seats down, a wheelchair will fit. Car sees 80% city driving and 20% freeway, achieving 120 mpge (EV mode) and 53 mpg (hybrid mode). On a 120v charge, range is 26 miles and haven't been to the gas station in over a month! Made the right choice with this car, love it!

9-Months and 42,000 miles on the CMAX Energi
By middleof on 05/24/14 13:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my Energi in August 2013. So far the car has been flawless other than some bugs in the "Sync" system that have been fixed by a software update. I typically drive 200 miles per day on Southern California freeways commuting to various construction sites. I often drive into Los Angeles, the deserts and mountains for work. This car is very comfortable at freeway speeds, where I drive with the flow of traffic, often 80 mph. At the speeds I drive and distances between charges, I am very happy with my 42+ mpg. I am by no means a hyper-miler, and I carry hundreds of pounds of gear in the car every day.

Not your typical daily commuter
By golfpilot on 05/01/14 10:34 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I don't have a set drive to work. I travel all over the bay area with distances from 5 to 100 miles. I find myself often running a 25 mile loop ending with a steep uphill quarter mile grade with about 5% battery left. I live in Northern California where the weather is extremely mild and I use the air conditioner less than 5% of the time. The air conditioner sucks the battery up. I would not like this car if I needed it. My overall time spent with the car I am averaging 120mpg. My electricity is free. I also have a Volt. The volt is more efficient between 25 and 110 miles. I have found the C-max's ICE is a little more efficient.

Great car
By shbenton on 03/29/14 05:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my c-Max Energi for 8 months. I live in a town of about 200,000 and drive about 25 miles per day with occasional road trips 2-3 hours away. I live in the south, so I haven't had the recharging issue others report. I am getting 100 miles per gallon and using about $23 per month in electricity. It is roomy and comfortable, has great pick-up, and easy to park. I love it.

Ford customer service is the worst part
By slant33 on 03/24/14 17:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ford's MyTouch (Nav & entertain system) is truly a lesson in anger management. Tho the car can be equipped with many features, the quality or operation is low compared to the price of the car. But woe to you should you need assist from Ford HQ resolving any issues. Their customer service rates a zero and would test the patience of any preacher.

Energi won't run on battery alone - otherwise good
By drdan3 on 03/20/14 06:49 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought a 2013 model with 303a option. It is fine in most ways - power, comfort, build quality. However, what we discovered is that the EV only mode goes to zero as temperatures drop. In part this is due to use of heater/seat warmers. But as temperatures have increase in Maryland, EV mode has not returned and is still zero. The car goes automatically into hybrid mode. Gas mileage hovers around 35 mpg. Taking it to Ford dealer tomorrow...

Good drivetrain but electronics ruined it
By familycarbuyer on 03/02/14 15:03 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car 2 months ago and have been driving it to and from work mostly. The concept is very good -- i.e. a plugin hatchback. The car handles fairly well and the motors do what they are supposed to do. The electronics are not there yet, however. Specifically, the charging software, the navigation and the voice recognition are all downright horrible and have really ruined the experience for me.

New to Ford, 2nd Hybrid, Nice but
By pekingrick on 02/01/14 13:20 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First Ford ever- had a 2007 Prius, and while loved the mileage didn't like the low-rent interior. Got this car, loved the interior, the solid-feeling doors, the high-quality plastics, leather seats - and the price w/Costco's auto program. First problem - a rattle developed. Dealer kept the car overnight (gave me a Lincoln MKZ as a free rental - nice!); turned out the antenna was loose. With 10k miles now, a few interior squeaks have developed. Mileage is great - averaging about 49 mpg so far. Electric range can vary from 18- 25 miles (okay, but....). regens nicely coming down from Big Bear to a full "tank"! MyFord Mobile app doesn't work well. Value charge feature - fantastic. Love the car!

I love my C-MAX Hybrid
By new_to_ford on 01/27/14 11:27 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is everything I hoped it would be. I'm really pleased with it. I'm a first time Ford buyer and if Ford keeps making cars like this one, I'll buy more.

Great car with great features
By sanjay92 on 09/12/13 14:12 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

CMAX Energi 2013 with 302 option: Bought on Labor day weekend with good deal. Very good interior. Leather seats , Nice looking dash board, Plenty of leg room, looks very roomy, gives compact SUV look. Pros : 1. You can control lock/unlock, set your desired temp from Web or Mobile app. You can see where car is parked from Mobile app. You can schedule time to charge. 2. Sends emails or SMS when charge is going to start and expected time to finish. You can configure all kind of alerts. 3. Navigation,Phone, Climate Control & Radio Voice Commands works fine. 4. No issue in setting up Garage opener. 5. Car is much powerful than Prius and handles very well.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford C-Max Energi in VA is:

$149 per month*