No Regrets
By TruckGal on
1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD
After comparing trucks for almost a year, this Portofino Blue & Silver Bronco caught our eye. We bought it the next day. It had 49,000 miles on it and had never seen a dirt road until we got a hold of it. It's still stock except for the addition of an AirHog filter and SuperWinch manual hubs; a brush guard is coming soon. It came with the optional 265/75-15 tires. And it still rides and looks great! My husband loves the tight turn radius; I'm fond of the agility in snow and rain. No hesitation at all when we need some oomph, either; the beast just picks up and goes. There is nothing quite like a Bronco.
Favorite Features
Style! Looks better than most of the newer trucks out there. Everyone loves riding in our truck and we get compliments all the time, usually from strangers, or dealers asking if we want to trade it in. (NO!) Also, it's just plain fun to drive. This isn't a wimpy truck, it eats the road with command.
Suggested Improvements
We had to change the radius arm bushings at 55k. Major pain but cheaper than dealer repairs. MPG stinks (15), but it's a V8 Bronco. Nobody buys a Bronco for fuel economy! And of course, the fender rust. It's 10 yrs old and we're just now getting a fender bubble so I guess I can't complain.