I love my truck!
By SoxCrazy on
1996 Ford Bronco XL 2dr SUV 4WD
I bought my truck in 2007. I got it for $750!! The body is in fairly excellent shape. There are small spots at the tailgate window area, looks like someone slid something into the cargo area that took the paint off. Easily fixed. And the rear door needs some work before it will open. I have noticed that the underside is rusting out, I've had to replace all the metal brake lines. That is just living in VT. Once I get the rest of the undercarriage cleaned up I'll have it treated.The starter went and it sometimes has trouble starting after a rain. The ball joints are shot and the 4x4 may be next. Repairs now may be a little costly but I love the truck and I don't care. For what I paid, its ok
Favorite Features
The ride is awesome. I love the cargo capacity. The power is unmatched (5.0, 302). I live in the mountains of VT so snowy driving is a given and she doesn't flinch. Love the automatic hubs and the standard tranny. The rear window is awesome for air flow instead of the A/C. Turning radius rocks.
Suggested Improvements
Better MPG is always a good thing but has been said, you don't buy this truck for that. I can't think of anything else. Most of my trouble is previous ownership neglect. I just love the truck more than I can say. I will run it till it's dead and then revive it or replace it.