Ford Bronco simply the best 4x4
By Ronnie Moses on
1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD
The Ford Bronco was simply the Best all around, most versatile vehicle ever built by any manufacturer. It possessed the ability to go almost anywhere while retaining creature comforts only seen in sedans of its day. It is true that many "suv's" of its day may have ridden and handled better on the highway, however none from the factory could go offroad with it and ride and handle as well as it did on road. As for the mechanicals I can only speak for the 17 Broncos I have owned from 1988 to 1996, the worse problem I ever had was an o2 sensor. The only one I have left is my 1988 which has 275,000 miles on it and is still running great. I had 4 1996's all of which were sold with 150,000 miles+.
Favorite Features
I am a big fan of the TTB suspension, if you know how to work it it is very good on and off road, the best compromise to solid axles ever built. although solid axles are the best and what little you give up on road is well worth it.
Suggested Improvements
Its very hard to improve on perfection! However solid axles is the only thing I can think of.