Used 1996 Ford Bronco Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

1996 Ford Bronco

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

I LOVE MY BRONCO
By Buddy

1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1996 Bronco after selling my 1988. This 96' was bought new while the 88' had been bought used. I was making trips to Kansas year round about every 2 months and in the winter you never knew what weather you might run into. I could drive my Bronco and not worry about snow. Because of the way my wife enjoyed driving my Bronco and since they are no longer, available my wife now drives a 2005 Eddie Bauer Expedition. I have at least 6 people who have been wanting to buy my Bronco for several years but it's not for sale. Most dependable and versatile vehicle I've ever owned. I find it hard to believe that Ford would discontinue such a good vehicle from their line of vehicles.

Favorite Features

Good looking vehicle, black and tan, most dependable vehicle I've owned. Great as family car or great to haul 4 golfers and their clubs to the golf course.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should continue to make the Bronco. Wife drives a Eddie Bauer Expedition 2005.

No Regrets
By TruckGal

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

After comparing trucks for almost a year, this Portofino Blue & Silver Bronco caught our eye. We bought it the next day. It had 49,000 miles on it and had never seen a dirt road until we got a hold of it. It's still stock except for the addition of an AirHog filter and SuperWinch manual hubs; a brush guard is coming soon. It came with the optional 265/75-15 tires. And it still rides and looks great! My husband loves the tight turn radius; I'm fond of the agility in snow and rain. No hesitation at all when we need some oomph, either; the beast just picks up and goes. There is nothing quite like a Bronco.

Favorite Features

Style! Looks better than most of the newer trucks out there. Everyone loves riding in our truck and we get compliments all the time, usually from strangers, or dealers asking if we want to trade it in. (NO!) Also, it's just plain fun to drive. This isn't a wimpy truck, it eats the road with command.

Suggested Improvements

We had to change the radius arm bushings at 55k. Major pain but cheaper than dealer repairs. MPG stinks (15), but it's a V8 Bronco. Nobody buys a Bronco for fuel economy! And of course, the fender rust. It's 10 yrs old and we're just now getting a fender bubble so I guess I can't complain.

Bronco
By John Adamo

1996 Ford Bronco XL 2dr SUV 4WD

I have never unsure about the performance of this truck. Any time I need to pull out into traffic, I am sure to merge very effectively with plenty of horse power and great visiblity of the road. The truck has been well maintained and and is in excellent running condition!

Favorite Features

Automatic lock-in hubs has been a very convenient feature as well as the operation of the back seat. Whether you take it out or fold it over or just use it for passengers, it is never in the way.

Suggested Improvements

None.

My Second Ford Bronco
By G Martin

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

The truck has been "bullet proof", never been towed, never any major mechanical failure. Regular maintenance is average to high, but that goes with owning a 4WD truck. I keep it well tuned and regularly serviced, so I guess I shouldn't expect problems operating it. It is the perfect vehicle for hunting or fishing, carries 4 good sized adults comfortably with all their gear. Good towing capacity as well, nicely stowed. Its a shame that none of the auto makers consider a vehicle like this. I'd be in line to buy a new one tomorrow.

Favorite Features

The features that I love about it are the exceptionally large cargo area with rear seat folded, the drop-down tailgate, and the retractable rear window. Captain chair front seats, V-8 power.

Suggested Improvements

Make a 2005 Model!

Best never rest
By michael jennings jr

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I'm glad I own my '96 Bronco XL. It's the best vehicle I have ever had. I love when I put the posi rear to work. It is also the most reliable vehicle I have ever had. It never falls on its face. It loves the snow more than I do. The aftermarket parts include: both rear ends are full posi, a cold air intake, true dual exhaust, headers, computer chip, a complete roller motor, rear disc brakes, shift kit, underdrive pullys, 302 bored and stroked to a 372.

Favorite Features

All the features i put in the page above.

Suggested Improvements

All the aftermarket parts.