1996 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:
Sweet truck
By ronbs on 12/05/04 18:31 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

This truck is so awesome. I have a Ford expedition, and this truck is faster, and drives way better. The turning radius is so small I love the way it drives and the fuel milaege is not bad for an SUV. I can't wait to take it off road, and have some fun in the snow with it. I wish they still made trucks like this. It runs great for the mileage, and hope it continues to do so.

Big, reliable but somewhat uncomfortable
By bigtimebroncoowner on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this Bronco since 1998. It had 45,000 miles on it and now (10/2004) has 114,000. At 60,000 miles I did many of the recommended service items. Other than that I have replaced the idler pully, change to man. hubs and brake shoes. Body wise, it has shown signs of rust in the typical places including the bottoms of the doors, the top and bottom of the tailgate and the leading edge of the hood. My bronco also has painted bumpers and they do show signs of time. Overall, this has been a great vehicle. It tows very well. The suspension is a bit tight and going done the highway the truck will jump a bit. This could be improved by changing to a different tire.

I love Bronco's
By MuddyBronco13 on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had 2 broncos, an 82 and a 96, they are my favorite kinds of SUV's, i love them and would never be w/o one

Mine Rocks!
By buckin' Bronc on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

Let me explain, stock it's a great truck, with a little work it's a work of art. Add a K&N kit Flowmasters, a little suspension, tuck some 35X12.50 into the wheel wells and start driving anywhere and everywhere. This truck is a real looker as well to keep the look origional I had to have some brackets made to keep the stock bumpers.

Owner x 6 yrs
By gertrude fillmore on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco XL 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought @ 16000 and drove it the next wk. to Alaska and back. Not one problem. Poor gas mileage? Yea but i did not get it for MPG. I bought for safety, dogs, camping and general usefullness and I think its just cool. Only problems have been with the quality/craftsmanship of interior. Hell, a grab handle would have been nice. Once every few months, must retighten all interior screws. Changed oil regulary, have had no problems w/engine...yet. Changed to manual locking hubs, much better. Back window scratches because you must roll into tailgate to open back.

Ford needs to bring back BRONCOS
By micaiah on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought this truck used with 36000 miles on it for 12,500 and never have regretted it since. I had just got rid of a 98 4.6 and my dad had just purchased a new 5.4 and i drive both of them around. the 5.8 bronco outspeeds and outpowers both of those brand new trucks. it is the best lookin manliest suv on the road. and even though the 2 door is a drawback to some i like to have the option. they should bring the bronco back with the big block engine 5.8 and offer 2 or 4 doors.

The Awesome Bronco by a 41 year old man
By Not High Enough on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

only problems I have had with my 5.8L XLT Bronco are Fuel pump, Horn&cruise problems.And the notorious ttb ball joints

bronco
By whiteout on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I like the truck, but it had some teething problems. The dealer took a lot of pushing, but eventually fixed most things. The hardest thing to get done was replacement of a warped tailgate. They wouldn't believe anything was wrong even when it wouldn't open 3 different times. They finally believed me when the welded seam on the passenger side of the tailgate let go (about 10k). Factory rep was not helpful with reapairs when I met resistance. Engine & drivetrain are great. Breathes better with K&N filtercharger.

the 2nd one
By bronco chip on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

The 1st Bronco that I owned was a 1985 xlt with a 351. This was one helluva truck. After I sold it, I came across a 1996 xlt with only 55k actual miles. This truck was extremely clean and I bought it on the spot. I use it during the winter months to get in to quite muddy areas. During the summer months, I pull a large boat with no problems.

Hey Eddie
By MANDINGO on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

A strong dependable go almost anywhere vehicle. Goes like a Mule and drives like one, as long as maintenence is kept up it will continue to go. Other than the electric rear window.