1996 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:
My Sweet Bronco
By broncobabe4u on 08/17/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Bronco used at 2 years old. I traded down from a newer vehicle but my test drive sold it. Two weeks after I bought it, I had it at the Silver Lake Dunes and while many trucks were grunting and backing down not making it to the top, I had no problem walking right up. It's never given me any major problems in the 10 years I've owned it. I get compliments on a weekly basis and offers to sell. It will never happen. She's getting old but I will continue to drive it with pride until it dies or I do, whichever comes first. Never have I owned a vehicle this long and will never again. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and at 200,000 and still going strong, why would I?

They don't build them like this anymore!
By broncobustinman on 07/13/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Bronco from the dealer and paid $16500 for it fully loaded and has a 5.8L that has never given me trouble. Had about 40k on it, now 8 years later I am at 95k. I have spent the usual amount on the ususal things that go bad in time with any car or truck (i.e ball joints, radiator hose,exhuast pipe, brakes, shocks, front end bushings, battery, the original one lasted 7 years! All in all this truck has given me dependable transportaton where all new cars can't. I 'll drive it till the wheels fall off. I know it will last for me to give it to my son (he's now two). Keep them all original they are beautiful trucks just the way the Ford made them.

Best vehicle ever owned
By 1st Bronco on 06/16/08 21:37 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

After always wanting a Bronco, I finally purchased one outright for $5,000. It had 140,000 miles on it. I've now owned it for one year and 3 months and the only maintenance I've done is an oil change. It is the best running vehicle I have ever owned, and I will never part with it. Gas mileage is awful, but the other benefits outweigh it tremendously. I drive down the road with my children and I feel safe. That alone is worth paying extra for gas. I love my Bronco.

Best built Fords
By rich on 12/05/07 15:36 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is the best built series of Ford I have encountered. I have driven every body style ford up until the 2004 F series. Rugged, reliable and great ride

Ford Bronco simply the best 4x4
By Ronnie Moses on 10/24/06 08:46 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

The Ford Bronco was simply the Best all around, most versatile vehicle ever built by any manufacturer. It possessed the ability to go almost anywhere while retaining creature comforts only seen in sedans of its day. It is true that many "suv's" of its day may have ridden and handled better on the highway, however none from the factory could go offroad with it and ride and handle as well as it did on road. As for the mechanicals I can only speak for the 17 Broncos I have owned from 1988 to 1996, the worse problem I ever had was an o2 sensor. The only one I have left is my 1988 which has 275,000 miles on it and is still running great. I had 4 1996's all of which were sold with 150,000 miles+.

I LOVE MY BRONCO
By Buddy on 08/02/06 11:20 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1996 Bronco after selling my 1988. This 96' was bought new while the 88' had been bought used. I was making trips to Kansas year round about every 2 months and in the winter you never knew what weather you might run into. I could drive my Bronco and not worry about snow. Because of the way my wife enjoyed driving my Bronco and since they are no longer, available my wife now drives a 2005 Eddie Bauer Expedition. I have at least 6 people who have been wanting to buy my Bronco for several years but it's not for sale. Most dependable and versatile vehicle I've ever owned. I find it hard to believe that Ford would discontinue such a good vehicle from their line of vehicles.

No Regrets
By TruckGal on 04/26/06 19:34 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

After comparing trucks for almost a year, this Portofino Blue & Silver Bronco caught our eye. We bought it the next day. It had 49,000 miles on it and had never seen a dirt road until we got a hold of it. It's still stock except for the addition of an AirHog filter and SuperWinch manual hubs; a brush guard is coming soon. It came with the optional 265/75-15 tires. And it still rides and looks great! My husband loves the tight turn radius; I'm fond of the agility in snow and rain. No hesitation at all when we need some oomph, either; the beast just picks up and goes. There is nothing quite like a Bronco.

Bronco
By John Adamo on 04/12/05 17:54 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco XL 2dr SUV 4WD

I have never unsure about the performance of this truck. Any time I need to pull out into traffic, I am sure to merge very effectively with plenty of horse power and great visiblity of the road. The truck has been well maintained and and is in excellent running condition!

My Second Ford Bronco
By G Martin on 03/05/05 10:15 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

The truck has been "bullet proof", never been towed, never any major mechanical failure. Regular maintenance is average to high, but that goes with owning a 4WD truck. I keep it well tuned and regularly serviced, so I guess I shouldn't expect problems operating it. It is the perfect vehicle for hunting or fishing, carries 4 good sized adults comfortably with all their gear. Good towing capacity as well, nicely stowed. Its a shame that none of the auto makers consider a vehicle like this. I'd be in line to buy a new one tomorrow.

Best never rest
By michael jennings jr on 12/25/04 15:45 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I'm glad I own my '96 Bronco XL. It's the best vehicle I have ever had. I love when I put the posi rear to work. It is also the most reliable vehicle I have ever had. It never falls on its face. It loves the snow more than I do. The aftermarket parts include: both rear ends are full posi, a cold air intake, true dual exhaust, headers, computer chip, a complete roller motor, rear disc brakes, shift kit, underdrive pullys, 302 bored and stroked to a 372.