13 years, 1 owner
By Orig Owner 96 Bronco on
1996 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD
I bought a 96 XLT 5.8L Bronco new in 1996. I still own it in 2009, and plan to keep it probably 5 more years. This vehicle has been super reliable. I have 113k miles now. No rust, but I live in FL and don't see snow. Super capable off road and comfortable on road. A few problems, front suspension bushings replaced, ball joinsts need replacing (but not causing tire wear, so i'm letting them be), radiator leaked (replaced it myself), bad EGR valve. Other than that, nothing major to speak of. Front brakes last about 60k, tires 50k, I always get lots of compliments on the truck and offers to buy, but why sell when I'd have to pay $35K for an inferior replacement vehicle. MPG observed is 13/15
Favorite Features
Roomy inside, reliability, durability, uniqueness, styling, simplicity of repairs and maint (most are DIY). I thank God for my family, job, and truck every day!
Suggested Improvements
Someone needs to make another no- nonsense large SUV. They make them overseas, but why not here? 4 doors would be nice next time around, but definitely no uni-body or front wheel drive based drivetrains. Think 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser.