1996 Ford Bronco SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:
Fun, Fun, Fun
By 631rob1991 on 03/06/11 21:41 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

My favorite of all time. Best quality, take anywhere 4x4.

They keep asking to buy my '96 EB Bronco
By BReilly on 07/16/09 22:07 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I can't begin to tell you how many people ask me to sell them my '96 EB Bronco. Ford has had many better ideas but, discontinuing the Bronco was not one of them. With a fuel injected 351 c.i. V-8, I can get up to 17 mpg highway and about 14 mpg city. Not bad for a full size rig. One of the best features on the rig is a cast aluminum air intake manifold on the engine. The new Ford engines sport plastic air intake manifolds that may last 60,000 to 100,000 miles IF YOU'RE LUCKY, and when they fail, you're looking at a $1,000 + bill to repair.

Love my Bronx
By Charles Hudgins Jr. on 02/20/09 12:56 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had this truck for more than 10 years and the only thing I have done was change brakes and tires, oh and one lower ball joint. She starts and runs like no other. I guess I should change the oil more often though. I tell you we started at 45000 miles and are now at 218000 and still runs smooth and hard.

My Sweet Bronco
By broncobabe4u on 08/17/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Bronco used at 2 years old. I traded down from a newer vehicle but my test drive sold it. Two weeks after I bought it, I had it at the Silver Lake Dunes and while many trucks were grunting and backing down not making it to the top, I had no problem walking right up. It's never given me any major problems in the 10 years I've owned it. I get compliments on a weekly basis and offers to sell. It will never happen. She's getting old but I will continue to drive it with pride until it dies or I do, whichever comes first. Never have I owned a vehicle this long and will never again. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and at 200,000 and still going strong, why would I?

I LOVE MY BRONCO
By Buddy on 08/02/06 11:20 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1996 Bronco after selling my 1988. This 96' was bought new while the 88' had been bought used. I was making trips to Kansas year round about every 2 months and in the winter you never knew what weather you might run into. I could drive my Bronco and not worry about snow. Because of the way my wife enjoyed driving my Bronco and since they are no longer, available my wife now drives a 2005 Eddie Bauer Expedition. I have at least 6 people who have been wanting to buy my Bronco for several years but it's not for sale. Most dependable and versatile vehicle I've ever owned. I find it hard to believe that Ford would discontinue such a good vehicle from their line of vehicles.

I love Bronco's
By MuddyBronco13 on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had 2 broncos, an 82 and a 96, they are my favorite kinds of SUV's, i love them and would never be w/o one

Hey Eddie
By MANDINGO on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

A strong dependable go almost anywhere vehicle. Goes like a Mule and drives like one, as long as maintenence is kept up it will continue to go. Other than the electric rear window.

Rugged Riding
By Zhen-Xjell on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

Vehicle has been through mud pits, snow, floods, and sand. The Bronco has also been sturdy in transporting heavy materials long distances. Fun is also a key factor when driving this truck. However, one in a mud pit the truck had to be towed out by AAA. Once released, the truck still ran fine, but still took it in for a thorough clean-up. Its fifth year has seen 4X4 break down, and its sixth year has seen the various gauges break even with regular scheduled maintenance. Overall, the bones of the truck are well built and it surely keeps on trucking.

Amazing off-roading
By Cody on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

Nothing on this earth could go off- roading better than this right out of the factory 351 V8 and very comfortable.

Amazing off-roading
By cody on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)