Used 1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford Bronco SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

Fun, Fun, Fun
By 631rob1991

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

My favorite of all time. Best quality, take anywhere 4x4.

They keep asking to buy my '96 EB Bronco
By BReilly

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I can't begin to tell you how many people ask me to sell them my '96 EB Bronco. Ford has had many better ideas but, discontinuing the Bronco was not one of them. With a fuel injected 351 c.i. V-8, I can get up to 17 mpg highway and about 14 mpg city. Not bad for a full size rig. One of the best features on the rig is a cast aluminum air intake manifold on the engine. The new Ford engines sport plastic air intake manifolds that may last 60,000 to 100,000 miles IF YOU'RE LUCKY, and when they fail, you're looking at a $1,000 + bill to repair.

Great looks. Wonderful paint layout. Tons of room. Tailgate with electric rolldown window. Very nice analog dash layout. People love to talk to me about it.

Make them again. Wonderful rigs!

Love my Bronx
By Charles Hudgins Jr.

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had this truck for more than 10 years and the only thing I have done was change brakes and tires, oh and one lower ball joint. She starts and runs like no other. I guess I should change the oil more often though. I tell you we started at 45000 miles and are now at 218000 and still runs smooth and hard.

Everything

Build another one Ford tough

My Sweet Bronco
By broncobabe4u

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Bronco used at 2 years old. I traded down from a newer vehicle but my test drive sold it. Two weeks after I bought it, I had it at the Silver Lake Dunes and while many trucks were grunting and backing down not making it to the top, I had no problem walking right up. It's never given me any major problems in the 10 years I've owned it. I get compliments on a weekly basis and offers to sell. It will never happen. She's getting old but I will continue to drive it with pride until it dies or I do, whichever comes first. Never have I owned a vehicle this long and will never again. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and at 200,000 and still going strong, why would I?

The body style is sweet and the interior is so comfortable and roomy. The overall strength of this vehicle is beyond expectations and Ford made a big mistake when they quit building them.

Fuel economy is not the best but if you want a tough but luxuious vehicle, you won't mind that.

I LOVE MY BRONCO
By Buddy

1996 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1996 Bronco after selling my 1988. This 96' was bought new while the 88' had been bought used. I was making trips to Kansas year round about every 2 months and in the winter you never knew what weather you might run into. I could drive my Bronco and not worry about snow. Because of the way my wife enjoyed driving my Bronco and since they are no longer, available my wife now drives a 2005 Eddie Bauer Expedition. I have at least 6 people who have been wanting to buy my Bronco for several years but it's not for sale. Most dependable and versatile vehicle I've ever owned. I find it hard to believe that Ford would discontinue such a good vehicle from their line of vehicles.

Good looking vehicle, black and tan, most dependable vehicle I've owned. Great as family car or great to haul 4 golfers and their clubs to the golf course.

Ford should continue to make the Bronco. Wife drives a Eddie Bauer Expedition 2005.