Ridin' high on the range.
By mac26s on
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD
Maneuvers parking lots like my Mustang. Pulls my 16' RV like it's not there. When the goin' gets tough in sand or up the mountain switch backs, push the 4x4 button. 2 speed electronic transfer case and locking locking hubs, wow! Room for 5 big guys + their luggage w/ stadium back seat. Commanding view. Up where I can see ahead and out of the collision zone. Stable handling. Consistent 15 mpg, sometimes pushing 16. 150K miles with expected replacements like starter, alternator, water pump, radiator. Drive train and frame strong. I drive it like a train, just pick a lane and cruise. I gave up squirting starts, frequent lane changes and G force turns w/ my Mustang. Florda truck so no rust.
Favorite Features
I feel safe high up in a strong stable truck, King of the Road. I'm 6'2", so the big leather captain's chair are appreciated. AC is strong and its FL. Big loads are a cinch. Remove the back seat, drop the tail gate & add 4 x 8 sheets of plywood. For smaller loads just flip the back seat forward.
Suggested Improvements
Like the Toyota FJ put suicide doors to the back seat. Like the Nissan Titan, assist the tail gate. Also, I'm concerned about the short wheel base handling a longer RV. But hey short wheel base is what a Bronco is. It's great for handling switch backs up the off road mountain trail and parking lots