1995 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:
Life saver
By The Blue Beast on 07/27/08 20:11 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I had a '92 Bronco that was involved in a head on collision with a drunk driver in a '67 Ford LTD. He didn't make it. Anyway, I bought a new 1995 Bronco and am still driving it today. I must add there were a few issues in the beginning. 6 transfer cases, 6 transmissions, 6 drive shafts later, no more issues. I installed a 4" Rancho suspension lift, 33" BFG tires, Bassani headers, Auburn limited slip, and 4.11 gears. The truck still runs strong and I would it sell it for any amount.

By sdt on 06/09/08 18:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

Excellent Vehicle. Fuel economy can be maximized, (slowing down) sweet spot on mine; 62 mph on cruise control. 25-30mpg on highway.Getting children in/out not easy, but their being secured in a larger vehicle is an acceptable tradeoff.

Ridin' high on the range.
By mac26s on 03/10/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

Maneuvers parking lots like my Mustang. Pulls my 16' RV like it's not there. When the goin' gets tough in sand or up the mountain switch backs, push the 4x4 button. 2 speed electronic transfer case and locking locking hubs, wow! Room for 5 big guys + their luggage w/ stadium back seat. Commanding view. Up where I can see ahead and out of the collision zone. Stable handling. Consistent 15 mpg, sometimes pushing 16. 150K miles with expected replacements like starter, alternator, water pump, radiator. Drive train and frame strong. I drive it like a train, just pick a lane and cruise. I gave up squirting starts, frequent lane changes and G force turns w/ my Mustang. Florda truck so no rust.

BlueBeast
By jared on 01/15/07 12:22 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Bronco XL 2dr SUV 4WD

I just bought this in order to get me through the recent Colorado blizzards. It has done its job thus far. Its 302 has 170,000 miles and it runs very smooth. I have had no problems getting through the snow drifts. It has WAY more room in it than I am used to.

1995 Ford Bronco
By Gene Barnes on 01/07/06 08:47 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Bronco XL 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the '95 Bronco new from the dealer and have driven it for 11 years (9 of those years were daily 50 mile commutes) without any major mechanical issues. I pull a 21' Kenner Center Console and on occasion a lowboy and tractor. The truck has the 302 V8 (5L) with the 5 speed manual (5 gear OD) I replaced the clutch assembly in 2003, but other than that only normal service maintenance and tires have been required. The vehicle averages about 14-15 miles per gallon. I still own the vehicle and am currently rigging it for a flat tow behind my motor home. At 17000 miles to-date, I kind of wish there was a comparable Ford vehicle on the market now.

It does it all!
By Deb on 07/23/05 13:31 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

We purchased our Bronco - one year after being in a car accident - for its crash test results and pulling power. We love it! It keeps my kids safe and pulls our '74 190 SeaRay without issue. It also does well in the snow. I do recommend switching out the hubs to locking so once you need them they are there and you don't have too wait for a few rotations in the tire for the autos to kick in. The ride can get a little bumpy on the those rough freeway spots, but not everything can ride like a Benz.

great truck
By polski37 on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

i got this truck with 149000 miles for almoust a year i had it i never had any problems it was really wonderfull machine only one complain may be rust on tailgate and door but overall great car

BRONC Power!!!!
By Cynn on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

Great Truck!!! i dont know how anyone could get away complaining. obviously fuel economy is terrible but its 5000lbs with a 351! what do you expect. it performs and is one of the funnest vehicles i've ever been in. turning radius is amazing. the front seats are roomy and comfortable, cant really say much about room in back seat. the top is removable to make it convertable in the summer. towing, off- road wheeling or just daily drivers... this truck rocks!

bring back the bronco
By karvon on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

not as much room as my 91' but just as fun to drive power when needed i love it

This is a GREAT truck!
By rrobbben on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I just bouth my Bronco with 133K miles, and it still drives great. It's a blast to drive, started right up this AM when it was 12 degrees outside w/ a wind chill of zero! Lot's of space, and the 5.8 liter V-8 sounds runs smooth as silk. Only complaint is that most of the Broncos I looked at have rust at the bottom of the tailgate. Oh, and, that they don't make it anymore! It looks SO MUCH BETTER than the new Expedition which replaced it.