Used 1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

The beast lives!
By Kipp8302

1995 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

Great truck all around thus far. very comfy to drive, although there is a good amount of road noise. will take on about any obstacle. for a full size SUV with a V8 the gas mileage is actually pretty good (about 15 mpg hwy). plenty of space for anything you might need to do with it and short wheel base means tight turns and u- turns are easy. def had some manufacturing issues with body and paint prep for that time period. rust is very common around rear wheel wells and bottom of tailgate which has cause issues with rear window and body movement (rusted quarter panels and not supported completely and will flex). I have wanted a Bronco for years; finally got one and would buy another any day.

Favorite Features

4x4, comfort and interior space, exterior styling and looks (very aggressive), overall power

Suggested Improvements

good set of aggressive tires, intake and exhaust (sound, performance, and mileage), rust preventative and sealer

1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
By farmered3

1995 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

My grandpa had a 1980 White/Red Bronco he bought new. When I was able to drive (15 years old on the farm), he sold it to me. The memories I had in that old truck will never die. My dad has a 1966 Ford Bronco (Red/White), a fun ride as well, we use it for pushing snow around the farms and for others. Works awesome. I eventually sold the 1980 to my buddy with over 225,000 miles on it! He still drives it today. The only reason I sold it is because I came across a 1995 beautiful deep metallic wine red, and gold metallic trim Eddie Bauer. I use thing daily and I'm not easy on it. It pulls everything I hook on (small dozer, backhoes, fertilizer spreaders, etc. No one could buy it from me!

Favorite Features

Tight turning radius, Handles Well, Pulls anything, Dependable and Reliable, Fun to Drive, Goes through nearly anything, Easy to maintain and work on. This truck has the best looks of any truck period! I get compliments all of the time. It's had a hard life, but if they made it today, I'd buy it!

Suggested Improvements

Honestly, non to mention. Mileage is about 12-14.5mpg which as much as it weighs (over 6,000lbs) I can't complain! It's rusting in a few usual spots (wheel wells and rocker panel) but with over 200,000 trouble free miles, it can not be beat!It's a bulletproof machine and I wouldn't buy anything but

Best all around vehicle ever
By Scott

1995 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought used with 57,000 miles, now have 157,000. Great ride height. Lots of room. Great towing. Fantastic in snow and off road. Extremely dependable. A lot of people complain about mileage but I get 18-20 on highway and 15-17 in town. I use synthetic fluids. With so many miles i have been looking for a different vehicle. Checked out Explorers, Expeditions, Tahoes, Jeep Grand Cherokees, Subaru Outbacks. If I were only to use Edmunds reviews, I would buy another full size Bronco before any of the others. Ford should bring back. But from reviews of other Ford products, they wouldn't be able to make them this way anymore.

Favorite Features

Ride height, turning radius, dependability, looks, it's all great

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes, front seat headrests. Passenger side tune ups a real bear.

Ridin' high on the range.
By mac26s

1995 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

Maneuvers parking lots like my Mustang. Pulls my 16' RV like it's not there. When the goin' gets tough in sand or up the mountain switch backs, push the 4x4 button. 2 speed electronic transfer case and locking locking hubs, wow! Room for 5 big guys + their luggage w/ stadium back seat. Commanding view. Up where I can see ahead and out of the collision zone. Stable handling. Consistent 15 mpg, sometimes pushing 16. 150K miles with expected replacements like starter, alternator, water pump, radiator. Drive train and frame strong. I drive it like a train, just pick a lane and cruise. I gave up squirting starts, frequent lane changes and G force turns w/ my Mustang. Florda truck so no rust.

Favorite Features

I feel safe high up in a strong stable truck, King of the Road. I'm 6'2", so the big leather captain's chair are appreciated. AC is strong and its FL. Big loads are a cinch. Remove the back seat, drop the tail gate & add 4 x 8 sheets of plywood. For smaller loads just flip the back seat forward.

Suggested Improvements

Like the Toyota FJ put suicide doors to the back seat. Like the Nissan Titan, assist the tail gate. Also, I'm concerned about the short wheel base handling a longer RV. But hey short wheel base is what a Bronco is. It's great for handling switch backs up the off road mountain trail and parking lots

This is a GREAT truck!
By rrobbben

1995 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I just bouth my Bronco with 133K miles, and it still drives great. It's a blast to drive, started right up this AM when it was 12 degrees outside w/ a wind chill of zero! Lot's of space, and the 5.8 liter V-8 sounds runs smooth as silk. Only complaint is that most of the Broncos I looked at have rust at the bottom of the tailgate. Oh, and, that they don't make it anymore! It looks SO MUCH BETTER than the new Expedition which replaced it.

Favorite Features

Strong, go-anywhere looks, Eddie Bauer 2-tone paint looks great. Good off- road performance, Great engine

Suggested Improvements

FORD - Make it again!!! Please!