Used 1995 Ford Bronco SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Bronco SUV

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

Its like having a terrible child
By tmaynard95

1995 Ford Bronco SUV XL 2dr SUV 4WD

I have a 1995 5.0 v8 automatic Bronco (in blue) with 125k miles and have had it for three years and was my fathers since 2001. I love it, but there are ALWAYS problems with it. I would get rid of it if it werent my baby, i guess its like people and their BMWs. Its had the tranmission rebuilt, the fuel pump has gone out several times, the heater core has gone out the last two years in a row, my motor mounts loosened causing both front and rear u-joints to go bad, the a/c system has been replaced, and most recently, there is a strong gasoline odor when I accelerate. Also, when it rains all sorts of problems occur, such as my airbag light blinking and the door ding noise gets elongated.

Favorite Features

I LOVE the removable top and the automatic window for the back window. I live in Arizona so summer nights and winter days I love driving around with every window down possible. The turning radius is also beautiful

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is definitely an issue for this vehicle. I'm lucky if I average 11mpg with a large majority of highway driving. I'm a college student living on campus so most city driving is within a 5 mile range, but driving home, for example, its 45 miles of highways.

Royal blue Bronco
By broncoman21

1995 Ford Bronco SUV XL 2dr SUV 4WD

I got this bronco because of a family member passed away sadley. I'm glad they chose this bronco. Its been a great bronco after I replaced the entire rear axle because the spyder gears were chewed up but so far its been good. I've got the normal rust issues on both rear fenders but luckily havent seen any on the bottom of the tailgate yet. Now im just adding accessories to it, and itll be one heck of a good truck for huntin season.

The beast lives!
By Kipp8302

1995 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

Great truck all around thus far. very comfy to drive, although there is a good amount of road noise. will take on about any obstacle. for a full size SUV with a V8 the gas mileage is actually pretty good (about 15 mpg hwy). plenty of space for anything you might need to do with it and short wheel base means tight turns and u- turns are easy. def had some manufacturing issues with body and paint prep for that time period. rust is very common around rear wheel wells and bottom of tailgate which has cause issues with rear window and body movement (rusted quarter panels and not supported completely and will flex). I have wanted a Bronco for years; finally got one and would buy another any day.

Favorite Features

4x4, comfort and interior space, exterior styling and looks (very aggressive), overall power

Suggested Improvements

good set of aggressive tires, intake and exhaust (sound, performance, and mileage), rust preventative and sealer

Best truck ever made
By BB Bronco

1995 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I have a dark blue 1995 ford bronco i would suggest buying one if you are looking into it.I have never had a problem with this truck.In my eyes broncos are the best all around trucks All you need to make the exterior look amazing is a set of american racing wheels.It is amazingly safe.I got hit on my drivers side by some drunk guy.My truck did a full roll and landed on the drivers side, ofcourse it was a little banged up but I wasnt.We were able to get the truck flipped upright and it started right up a couple scratches and a small dent is all that happened that was about a year ago and still it is fine. if you can find another car tht can do tht let me no.I love this truck more thn my wife

Favorite Features

Toughness and looks, great gas milage for a v8 dont no y people gripe about it i put 40 bucks in my tank and it lasts me a week and i drive alot my wifes civic is about the same but she drives a lil more than me. AMAZING TRUCK

Suggested Improvements

interior same color as exterior a little to much of the same color

1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
By farmered3

1995 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

My grandpa had a 1980 White/Red Bronco he bought new. When I was able to drive (15 years old on the farm), he sold it to me. The memories I had in that old truck will never die. My dad has a 1966 Ford Bronco (Red/White), a fun ride as well, we use it for pushing snow around the farms and for others. Works awesome. I eventually sold the 1980 to my buddy with over 225,000 miles on it! He still drives it today. The only reason I sold it is because I came across a 1995 beautiful deep metallic wine red, and gold metallic trim Eddie Bauer. I use thing daily and I'm not easy on it. It pulls everything I hook on (small dozer, backhoes, fertilizer spreaders, etc. No one could buy it from me!

Favorite Features

Tight turning radius, Handles Well, Pulls anything, Dependable and Reliable, Fun to Drive, Goes through nearly anything, Easy to maintain and work on. This truck has the best looks of any truck period! I get compliments all of the time. It's had a hard life, but if they made it today, I'd buy it!

Suggested Improvements

Honestly, non to mention. Mileage is about 12-14.5mpg which as much as it weighs (over 6,000lbs) I can't complain! It's rusting in a few usual spots (wheel wells and rocker panel) but with over 200,000 trouble free miles, it can not be beat!It's a bulletproof machine and I wouldn't buy anything but