1995 Ford Bronco 5.0L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

1995 Bronco Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Its like having a terrible child
By tmaynard95

1995 Ford Bronco XL 2dr SUV 4WD

I have a 1995 5.0 v8 automatic Bronco (in blue) with 125k miles and have had it for three years and was my fathers since 2001. I love it, but there are ALWAYS problems with it. I would get rid of it if it werent my baby, i guess its like people and their BMWs. Its had the tranmission rebuilt, the fuel pump has gone out several times, the heater core has gone out the last two years in a row, my motor mounts loosened causing both front and rear u-joints to go bad, the a/c system has been replaced, and most recently, there is a strong gasoline odor when I accelerate. Also, when it rains all sorts of problems occur, such as my airbag light blinking and the door ding noise gets elongated.

Favorite Features

I LOVE the removable top and the automatic window for the back window. I live in Arizona so summer nights and winter days I love driving around with every window down possible. The turning radius is also beautiful

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is definitely an issue for this vehicle. I'm lucky if I average 11mpg with a large majority of highway driving. I'm a college student living on campus so most city driving is within a 5 mile range, but driving home, for example, its 45 miles of highways.

Royal blue Bronco
By broncoman21

1995 Ford Bronco XL 2dr SUV 4WD

I got this bronco because of a family member passed away sadley. I'm glad they chose this bronco. Its been a great bronco after I replaced the entire rear axle because the spyder gears were chewed up but so far its been good. I've got the normal rust issues on both rear fenders but luckily havent seen any on the bottom of the tailgate yet. Now im just adding accessories to it, and itll be one heck of a good truck for huntin season.

BlueBeast
By jared

1995 Ford Bronco XL 2dr SUV 4WD

I just bought this in order to get me through the recent Colorado blizzards. It has done its job thus far. Its 302 has 170,000 miles and it runs very smooth. I have had no problems getting through the snow drifts. It has WAY more room in it than I am used to.

Favorite Features

I like the room inside of it. It does not matter that I have been driving over rough snow and ice--because there is so much room inside. 170,000 miles on a domestic engine? This thing is a miracle on wheels. It was well maintained and runs extremely smooth. It is my 4x4 battle tank!

Suggested Improvements

I have not had time to look at the suspension as of yet--with 170,000 on it- I am sure that I will find some issues. This Bronco is bare bones--but I could not have been more lucky in finding it.

1995 Ford Bronco
By Gene Barnes

1995 Ford Bronco XL 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the '95 Bronco new from the dealer and have driven it for 11 years (9 of those years were daily 50 mile commutes) without any major mechanical issues. I pull a 21' Kenner Center Console and on occasion a lowboy and tractor. The truck has the 302 V8 (5L) with the 5 speed manual (5 gear OD) I replaced the clutch assembly in 2003, but other than that only normal service maintenance and tires have been required. The vehicle averages about 14-15 miles per gallon. I still own the vehicle and am currently rigging it for a flat tow behind my motor home. At 17000 miles to-date, I kind of wish there was a comparable Ford vehicle on the market now.

Favorite Features

Standard transmission, rubber floor mats, durable upholstery. Good running gear with the Dana front end

Suggested Improvements

Radial arm bushings need replacing a little too often. I've added a heat shield to the passenger side bushing to protect it from catalytic converter heat. I preferred manual front hubs so I changed from automatic within the first 6 months.

bring back the bronco
By karvon

not as much room as my 91' but just as fun to drive power when needed i love it

Favorite Features

room 4wd power

Suggested Improvements

could be roomer and moor comfortable