Used 1993 Ford Bronco SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Bronco SUV

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

Top of the heap!
By Seminole61

1993 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

This Bronco outperforms the Jimmy I had by a long shot. I live in the woods in MS 4.75 miles from black top. A lot of mud, creeks and hills. Haven't had to do much of anything to it. Love the ride, clearence and power. This 5.8 is much better than the GM 5.7. My daughters Jeep cant keep up on road or in the mud. And a Dodge cant make it out here.

Favorite Features

The power of the 5.8, the handling, the inside cab features are fantastic. 233,000 and still strong.

Suggested Improvements

K&N cold air, 3" lift, 33's, brush and grille guard and skid plates. With a rig like this, if fuel economy is what you are looking for go buy a Toyota. And I'll come pull you out when I get back.

Best reliablility
By 93beast

1993 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is an excellent vehicle! I have owned it since it was two years old and have put over 223,000 miles on it since then. With a quarter million miles on it, I am proud to say that it still has its original drivetrain. I have never had any major problems with the vehicle at all. The worst being a water pump that failed. Other than that just some normal maintenance. It is fun to drive and comfortable, mileage has a lot to be desired with todays fuel prices (10 MPG currently). This has been by far the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Has never left me stranded. The AC and cruise control still works!

Favorite Features

Removable hardtop is awesome and always draws stares. Functionality and ability it has on and off road has been superb. The 5.8L engine has plenty of power and ride comfort is great as well. Still rides great.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage is lacking. Hard to get into the back seat from the front. Body stress fractures are common in the Broncos with no real way of permanetaly fixing it. Gauges are not very accurate overall.

Go Big One
By tyancey66

1993 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I have a 93 Bronco that was my dad's and I love it! It has never let me down.

Favorite Features

The seats, the way it drives and the way it sits up!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.... Oh well that is the price for comfort.

Excellent runner and worker
By Tom F.

1993 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I managed to snatch one of these from my boss for $700. It has the Ford 5.0L with only 91,000 original miles. Body is in great shape - minor dings and a couple of rust spots. Only work it needed was in the steering (cost less than $120). Boss had to either trade to Honda for $500 or sell to me for $700, so I took the offer. I'm glad I did because this truck is great and will last a longtime! No worries when I go camping this year!

Favorite Features

Small turning radius, V8, towing capacity, cargo room, height.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is grim. Improvement would be due in this department if it hadn't been discontinued. But what can you expect for an SUV of this size?

260,000+ Miles
By ATVer1992

1993 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle in 2001 with 204,000 miles on it. It was a Southern truck in great shape. Now I have over 260,000 miles on it and it's still running and looking great. As far as I can tell, it still has all original components. I did have to rebuild the rear axle (bearings, seals, ring and pinion, and I threw in a Positrac). If you maintain it right, it will run forever. This truck will take whatever you throw at it. These trucks are a rare find, so get yours and keep it like new.

Favorite Features

Love everything; however I don't like having to roll the rear window down to access the rear, However I think the design looks great. NO HATCHBACK :)

Suggested Improvements

K&N FIPK (fuel injection performance kit), dual exhaust, hitch, liftkit, large tires, foglights, window tint, manual locking hubs, posi rear differential, external cell antenna, CB radio...351 V-8, and of course, undercoat it so it doesn't rust!