Used 1993 Ford Bronco SUV Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Bronco SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

Good unit
By Arcticblast

1993 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I have an Eddie Bauer 93 Ford Bronco identical to the one in the picture. I bought it new, it has been a very good rig with a few problems. The ash tray is impossible to use correctly, the 5.8 liter engine has always used a bit of oil, the push button 4x4 has given me problems as well as the automatic hubs, the seats don't adjust back far enough and the keyless remote entry and remote are impossible to find parts for.

It is a gorgeous looking rig, I like the leather. It's heavy and handles well on the ice with good blizzak tires. It's a safe rig despite the shorter wheelbase.

Road Warrior
By Bill Wilkerson

1993 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is powerful, reliable, everyday driver, 351 V-8. Plenty of room and comfort, go anywhere. Commands respect on the highway or off road.

Push button 4X4, tight turn radius, raw horsepower

Other than gas mileage.. nothing!

But I still love this truck
By ariba98

1993 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my 2nd Ford Bronco. I find that it has cost me a lot of money keeping it up. The 4X4 had to have work, new brake lines, new oil pan seal. God this list goes on. I really can not complain. The motor seems very strong, but I have put so much into everything else. The only thing that I hate to say is that I have repaired the thermostat and that stupid aluminim piece 6 times on the top of my motor. But I still wish Ford would bring this rig back. I will not sell this big bad girl, I'll keep restoring her.

I love the horsepower I get when I ask for it. She will haul my big 2 horse trailer with my 2 big 16 hands horses) whenever I ask.

Fix the top half of the 351, so it does not leak, or need so many repairs. Better fuel mileage. Bring this truck back!

Fun fun fun
By seth

1993 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought a 93 Bronco that has been garage kept and looks it! The exterior has been repainted in 2008 but that is all that has been done, this truck is sharp. The interior is flawless and has 106,000 original miles on the 5.0 engine. It rides great on the 31" tires and sits very balanced. This thing looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor!

The removable top! This is a awesome feature that you don't see too often. The height, it sits off the ground and the smoothness of the ride. The very best thing I like is the overall look of the vehicle there is nothing like it! Also the power rear glass, can't beat that

Kind of hard to get into the back seat especially with two kids. That's it except gas but what can you do. I'll trade gas for this anyday!

2 problems I have had constantly
By Chris

1993 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I do love my EB mocha color Bronco and will never get rid of it. Bought it brand new 7/93. Very very nice to look at! The body and interior are well built and my Bronco has 88,000 original miles on it. But nobody else has mentioned problems with the 2 items I have had to replace 4 times since the very beginning. The A/C compressor (no cost when it was still under warranty) and the radius arm bushings which are a problem due to deterioration from heat. They also cause a problem when you go for a front end alignment because they have to be replaced first. I have a 351W engine and yes the gas mileage is bad!

The looks are great. Nicer than the Explorer that replaced it. It's fun having something on the road that looks different, especially when they are in great condition. I have taken great care of my Bronco for the past 15 years!

You can't do a lot about the gas mileage in exchange for choosing the larger engine and I knew that when I bought it and wouldn't have it any other way.