1993 Ford Bronco SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:
Good unit
By Arcticblast on 01/10/10 20:38 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I have an Eddie Bauer 93 Ford Bronco identical to the one in the picture. I bought it new, it has been a very good rig with a few problems. The ash tray is impossible to use correctly, the 5.8 liter engine has always used a bit of oil, the push button 4x4 has given me problems as well as the automatic hubs, the seats don't adjust back far enough and the keyless remote entry and remote are impossible to find parts for.

Road Warrior
By Bill Wilkerson on 12/23/08 19:55 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is powerful, reliable, everyday driver, 351 V-8. Plenty of room and comfort, go anywhere. Commands respect on the highway or off road.

But I still love this truck
By ariba98 on 12/13/08 22:14 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my 2nd Ford Bronco. I find that it has cost me a lot of money keeping it up. The 4X4 had to have work, new brake lines, new oil pan seal. God this list goes on. I really can not complain. The motor seems very strong, but I have put so much into everything else. The only thing that I hate to say is that I have repaired the thermostat and that stupid aluminim piece 6 times on the top of my motor. But I still wish Ford would bring this rig back. I will not sell this big bad girl, I'll keep restoring her.

Fun fun fun
By seth on 12/07/08 09:09 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought a 93 Bronco that has been garage kept and looks it! The exterior has been repainted in 2008 but that is all that has been done, this truck is sharp. The interior is flawless and has 106,000 original miles on the 5.0 engine. It rides great on the 31" tires and sits very balanced. This thing looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor!

2 problems I have had constantly
By Chris on 04/03/08 18:30 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I do love my EB mocha color Bronco and will never get rid of it. Bought it brand new 7/93. Very very nice to look at! The body and interior are well built and my Bronco has 88,000 original miles on it. But nobody else has mentioned problems with the 2 items I have had to replace 4 times since the very beginning. The A/C compressor (no cost when it was still under warranty) and the radius arm bushings which are a problem due to deterioration from heat. They also cause a problem when you go for a front end alignment because they have to be replaced first. I have a 351W engine and yes the gas mileage is bad!

Top of the heap!
By Seminole61 on 10/31/07 13:15 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

This Bronco outperforms the Jimmy I had by a long shot. I live in the woods in MS 4.75 miles from black top. A lot of mud, creeks and hills. Haven't had to do much of anything to it. Love the ride, clearence and power. This 5.8 is much better than the GM 5.7. My daughters Jeep cant keep up on road or in the mud. And a Dodge cant make it out here.

Best reliablility
By 93beast on 08/01/07 18:09 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is an excellent vehicle! I have owned it since it was two years old and have put over 223,000 miles on it since then. With a quarter million miles on it, I am proud to say that it still has its original drivetrain. I have never had any major problems with the vehicle at all. The worst being a water pump that failed. Other than that just some normal maintenance. It is fun to drive and comfortable, mileage has a lot to be desired with todays fuel prices (10 MPG currently). This has been by far the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Has never left me stranded. The AC and cruise control still works!

Go Big One
By tyancey66 on 08/10/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I have a 93 Bronco that was my dad's and I love it! It has never let me down.

Excellent runner and worker
By Tom F. on 02/07/05 03:26 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I managed to snatch one of these from my boss for $700. It has the Ford 5.0L with only 91,000 original miles. Body is in great shape - minor dings and a couple of rust spots. Only work it needed was in the steering (cost less than $120). Boss had to either trade to Honda for $500 or sell to me for $700, so I took the offer. I'm glad I did because this truck is great and will last a longtime! No worries when I go camping this year!

260,000+ Miles
By ATVer1992 on 11/05/04 13:17 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle in 2001 with 204,000 miles on it. It was a Southern truck in great shape. Now I have over 260,000 miles on it and it's still running and looking great. As far as I can tell, it still has all original components. I did have to rebuild the rear axle (bearings, seals, ring and pinion, and I threw in a Positrac). If you maintain it right, it will run forever. This truck will take whatever you throw at it. These trucks are a rare find, so get yours and keep it like new.