Used 1993 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

Good unit
By Arcticblast

1993 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I have an Eddie Bauer 93 Ford Bronco identical to the one in the picture. I bought it new, it has been a very good rig with a few problems. The ash tray is impossible to use correctly, the 5.8 liter engine has always used a bit of oil, the push button 4x4 has given me problems as well as the automatic hubs, the seats don't adjust back far enough and the keyless remote entry and remote are impossible to find parts for.

It is a gorgeous looking rig, I like the leather. It's heavy and handles well on the ice with good blizzak tires. It's a safe rig despite the shorter wheelbase.

2 problems I have had constantly
By Chris

1993 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I do love my EB mocha color Bronco and will never get rid of it. Bought it brand new 7/93. Very very nice to look at! The body and interior are well built and my Bronco has 88,000 original miles on it. But nobody else has mentioned problems with the 2 items I have had to replace 4 times since the very beginning. The A/C compressor (no cost when it was still under warranty) and the radius arm bushings which are a problem due to deterioration from heat. They also cause a problem when you go for a front end alignment because they have to be replaced first. I have a 351W engine and yes the gas mileage is bad!

The looks are great. Nicer than the Explorer that replaced it. It's fun having something on the road that looks different, especially when they are in great condition. I have taken great care of my Bronco for the past 15 years!

You can't do a lot about the gas mileage in exchange for choosing the larger engine and I knew that when I bought it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Top of the heap!
By Seminole61

1993 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

This Bronco outperforms the Jimmy I had by a long shot. I live in the woods in MS 4.75 miles from black top. A lot of mud, creeks and hills. Haven't had to do much of anything to it. Love the ride, clearence and power. This 5.8 is much better than the GM 5.7. My daughters Jeep cant keep up on road or in the mud. And a Dodge cant make it out here.

The power of the 5.8, the handling, the inside cab features are fantastic. 233,000 and still strong.

K&N cold air, 3" lift, 33's, brush and grille guard and skid plates. With a rig like this, if fuel economy is what you are looking for go buy a Toyota. And I'll come pull you out when I get back.

260,000+ Miles
By ATVer1992

1993 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle in 2001 with 204,000 miles on it. It was a Southern truck in great shape. Now I have over 260,000 miles on it and it's still running and looking great. As far as I can tell, it still has all original components. I did have to rebuild the rear axle (bearings, seals, ring and pinion, and I threw in a Positrac). If you maintain it right, it will run forever. This truck will take whatever you throw at it. These trucks are a rare find, so get yours and keep it like new.

Love everything; however I don't like having to roll the rear window down to access the rear, However I think the design looks great. NO HATCHBACK :)

K&N FIPK (fuel injection performance kit), dual exhaust, hitch, liftkit, large tires, foglights, window tint, manual locking hubs, posi rear differential, external cell antenna, CB radio...351 V-8, and of course, undercoat it so it doesn't rust!

Best SUV ever....bar none.
By mattb2343

I purchased my 93 Bronco with 112000
miles on it for 6,000. TO me, thats
one hell of a steal. It has the 5.8 V8
and I have added a k&n filter, thottle
body spacer and underdrive pulleys. And
of course, it has a 3 inch body lift
and rides on some 33's. Gas milage isnt
good, I get about 13-14mpg on average.
Torque coming out it's ears, but lacks
in the pony department. Those few mods
really, really heled though.

Size, offroad worthiness, torque, and shear brawny good looks.

Needs more horsepower. Rides rough, but I think I actually like that.