Used 1993 Ford Bronco XLT Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

Road Warrior
By Bill Wilkerson

1993 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is powerful, reliable, everyday driver, 351 V-8. Plenty of room and comfort, go anywhere. Commands respect on the highway or off road.

Push button 4X4, tight turn radius, raw horsepower

Other than gas mileage.. nothing!

But I still love this truck
By ariba98

1993 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my 2nd Ford Bronco. I find that it has cost me a lot of money keeping it up. The 4X4 had to have work, new brake lines, new oil pan seal. God this list goes on. I really can not complain. The motor seems very strong, but I have put so much into everything else. The only thing that I hate to say is that I have repaired the thermostat and that stupid aluminim piece 6 times on the top of my motor. But I still wish Ford would bring this rig back. I will not sell this big bad girl, I'll keep restoring her.

I love the horsepower I get when I ask for it. She will haul my big 2 horse trailer with my 2 big 16 hands horses) whenever I ask.

Fix the top half of the 351, so it does not leak, or need so many repairs. Better fuel mileage. Bring this truck back!

Fun fun fun
By seth

1993 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought a 93 Bronco that has been garage kept and looks it! The exterior has been repainted in 2008 but that is all that has been done, this truck is sharp. The interior is flawless and has 106,000 original miles on the 5.0 engine. It rides great on the 31" tires and sits very balanced. This thing looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor!

The removable top! This is a awesome feature that you don't see too often. The height, it sits off the ground and the smoothness of the ride. The very best thing I like is the overall look of the vehicle there is nothing like it! Also the power rear glass, can't beat that

Kind of hard to get into the back seat especially with two kids. That's it except gas but what can you do. I'll trade gas for this anyday!

Best reliablility
By 93beast

1993 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is an excellent vehicle! I have owned it since it was two years old and have put over 223,000 miles on it since then. With a quarter million miles on it, I am proud to say that it still has its original drivetrain. I have never had any major problems with the vehicle at all. The worst being a water pump that failed. Other than that just some normal maintenance. It is fun to drive and comfortable, mileage has a lot to be desired with todays fuel prices (10 MPG currently). This has been by far the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Has never left me stranded. The AC and cruise control still works!

Removable hardtop is awesome and always draws stares. Functionality and ability it has on and off road has been superb. The 5.8L engine has plenty of power and ride comfort is great as well. Still rides great.

Fuel mileage is lacking. Hard to get into the back seat from the front. Body stress fractures are common in the Broncos with no real way of permanetaly fixing it. Gauges are not very accurate overall.

Go Big One
By tyancey66

1993 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I have a 93 Bronco that was my dad's and I love it! It has never let me down.

The seats, the way it drives and the way it sits up!

Gas mileage.... Oh well that is the price for comfort.