1992 Ford Bronco SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:
Best SUV ever
By dannyjr on 02/12/13 11:25 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my bronco had her going on 4 years now. shes holding tough at 167,000 miles on the 5.0 EVERYTIME i turn that key i put my foot in her and commence to beating the crap out of it. Never leaves me hanging and always starts shes been all over the beaches of nantucket island and through the florida mud and swamps. I love this truck so much i actually painted her so she would stand out in traffic. Hands down the best vehicle i have owned always puts a smile on my face when i get to drive her. My old lady took a ride with the top off reclined in the seat and saw the stars. She had to have one so the next week bronco #2 arrived home a 92 NITE edition we rescued out of daytona.

2nd time around
By JMorgan on 09/16/09 12:02 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my second Bronco, the first finally quit at over 600k, I expect a lot from my truck, but I give a lot too. I like the 5th series bronco, mainly because of the new grill style adds a newer look, without taking away the old reliable look. The short wheel base is great, and she's been tested in the swamps in Fl, the mountains of snow in Montana and the ices in NY. I'll have her til she doesn't move anymore.

The Best 4X4 ever!!
By Tsoko24 on 05/28/09 19:08 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had this Bronco for about 5 years now and it is a beast. The 5.8L 351 V8 will tow anything and has enough power to beat anything. This truck is amazing. Mud, Snow, Rocks, Sand is no match for the four wheel drive system. This Truck contines to amaze me in every way possible. The gas mileage is not very good. 10-12mpg in the city with the big V8. Even for being 17 years old it is one of the best looking cars on the road. I love it.

Legend among 4WD vehicles
By jasmith1982 on 10/24/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

Even though this SUV is about 16 years old, it still blows the doors off some of the best vehicles out today. Excellent design. Great towing capabilities. It's a workhorse. Having the government-issue fire marshal suspension and drive train is amazing. EEC IV system works great, as long as the connections don't get wet and the computer doesn't get corroded. The ECU (computer) is a hassle to replace. The dual shocks on each front wheel gives a smooth ride. On average 12-13 mpg in town. Most mechanical parts interchangeable with ford F-series. Parts are readily available.

1992 Bronco Eddie Bauer
By James P. on 11/01/05 00:12 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

This is a good vehicle with minor details marring the picture. Styling to me is the best of any modern truck. Well-designed interior very attractive to me, but cheap plastic materials put a damper on things. Has many rattles. Seats are VERY comfortable. Removable roof is cool but awkward. 302 V8 (185hp@3800, 270 lb-ft@2400) is refined and torquey; pulls like a freight train and lives under 2000 rpm; best feature of the truck. Good auto transmission. Handling and ride pretty good for a 4x4. Gas mileage in town is 14mpg, 19mpg highway both with a light foot. Strong underpinnings and good engineering mean this 4x4 can tackle most off roading stock. Don't like that gas fill is on driver side.

better than the rest
By YO11 on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

Pushing 14 years old and still blows away all the little SUVs out there. Only the Hummer comes close. FORD better get this back into production

Bronco
By Dude46633 on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I Like it a lot

Wonderful truck
By dsickles on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

i got my bronco last summer. So far i have had NO problems whatsoever! this is the first car i have bought that i have had no problems with. i am very imperesed with the tight turnning radius and i love taking the top off. i would suggest this truck to any one looking for reliable and fun transportation.

Love My Bronco
By spyne on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Bronco new with 3 miles on the odometer. It now has about 122K and I'm still happy with the truck. Overall this has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's somewhat low tech by today's standards, but has proven to be very reliable and up to any task I've ever asked of it. In the last few months I'm starting to notice some rust-through in the bottom of the tailgate as well as in the front bumper.

92 Bronco Good, but
By RonS on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

Have had vehicle 10+ years, and 86000 miles, and have been very happy with it. It's best feature is that with only one exception, it has been very reliable, held up well, and been fun to drive. The unusual reliability feature is that the fuel pumps go every 25-30,000 miles. Am on the 3rd one now. The cost has gone up each time, the latest being about $600 to replace, due to its being in-tank taking much labor, plus it's an expensive part. Too bad they don't make it anymore, as it's a vey easy to maneuver vehicle,