Used 1992 Ford Bronco XLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

The Best 4X4 ever!!
By Tsoko24

1992 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had this Bronco for about 5 years now and it is a beast. The 5.8L 351 V8 will tow anything and has enough power to beat anything. This truck is amazing. Mud, Snow, Rocks, Sand is no match for the four wheel drive system. This Truck contines to amaze me in every way possible. The gas mileage is not very good. 10-12mpg in the city with the big V8. Even for being 17 years old it is one of the best looking cars on the road. I love it.

5.8L 351, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, its unstoppable off road.

Better gas mileage.

Legend among 4WD vehicles
By jasmith1982

1992 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

Even though this SUV is about 16 years old, it still blows the doors off some of the best vehicles out today. Excellent design. Great towing capabilities. It's a workhorse. Having the government-issue fire marshal suspension and drive train is amazing. EEC IV system works great, as long as the connections don't get wet and the computer doesn't get corroded. The ECU (computer) is a hassle to replace. The dual shocks on each front wheel gives a smooth ride. On average 12-13 mpg in town. Most mechanical parts interchangeable with ford F-series. Parts are readily available.

302 V8, M50D 5-speed standard transmission, wash-out interior, 373 factory axle gearing, Multi-Port Injection aids fuel mileage greatly and helps offroad. Everything is manual, except the back window.

Interior needs to be made of better composite material. Has cheap paint. Needs solid-front-axle (TTB system inferior. Needs a factory drain on inside of tailgate, with the inside primered to prevent rust. once rusted, window motor is no longer aligned properly and will not work. Needs a tachometer.

Love My Bronco
By spyne

1992 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Bronco new with 3 miles on the odometer. It now has about 122K and I'm still happy with the truck. Overall this has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's somewhat low tech by today's standards, but has proven to be very reliable and up to any task I've ever asked of it. In the last few months I'm starting to notice some rust-through in the bottom of the tailgate as well as in the front bumper.

Ride height and turning radius. If you like looking down on most folks this is the truck for you. This thing also turns on a dime, better than most compact cars. I find myself having to adjust when I get in someone else's car because they just don't turn as quickly.

Gas mileage. I've got the 5.0 and get 14 to 16 MPG at best. With the 32 gallon tank I'm spending over $50 to fill up right now.

92 Bronco Good, but
By RonS

1992 Ford Bronco XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

Have had vehicle 10+ years, and 86000 miles, and have been very happy with it. It's best feature is that with only one exception, it has been very reliable, held up well, and been fun to drive. The unusual reliability feature is that the fuel pumps go every 25-30,000 miles. Am on the 3rd one now. The cost has gone up each time, the latest being about $600 to replace, due to its being in-tank taking much labor, plus it's an expensive part. Too bad they don't make it anymore, as it's a vey easy to maneuver vehicle,

Maneuverability - both on the road and in a parking lot. It can turn tightly allowing it to get into spaces some small cars can't get into without much back and forth.

Better heater.