Used 1992 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

Best SUV ever
By dannyjr

1992 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my bronco had her going on 4 years now. shes holding tough at 167,000 miles on the 5.0 EVERYTIME i turn that key i put my foot in her and commence to beating the crap out of it. Never leaves me hanging and always starts shes been all over the beaches of nantucket island and through the florida mud and swamps. I love this truck so much i actually painted her so she would stand out in traffic. Hands down the best vehicle i have owned always puts a smile on my face when i get to drive her. My old lady took a ride with the top off reclined in the seat and saw the stars. She had to have one so the next week bronco #2 arrived home a 92 NITE edition we rescued out of daytona.

2nd time around
By JMorgan

1992 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my second Bronco, the first finally quit at over 600k, I expect a lot from my truck, but I give a lot too. I like the 5th series bronco, mainly because of the new grill style adds a newer look, without taking away the old reliable look. The short wheel base is great, and she's been tested in the swamps in Fl, the mountains of snow in Montana and the ices in NY. I'll have her til she doesn't move anymore.

Favorite Features

interior comfort, traction abilities, overall weight balancing, pulling power

Suggested Improvements

To other owners, rubber door sweeps placed just under the tailgate works wonders at avoiding rust out.

1992 Bronco Eddie Bauer
By James P.

1992 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

This is a good vehicle with minor details marring the picture. Styling to me is the best of any modern truck. Well-designed interior very attractive to me, but cheap plastic materials put a damper on things. Has many rattles. Seats are VERY comfortable. Removable roof is cool but awkward. 302 V8 (185hp@3800, 270 lb-ft@2400) is refined and torquey; pulls like a freight train and lives under 2000 rpm; best feature of the truck. Good auto transmission. Handling and ride pretty good for a 4x4. Gas mileage in town is 14mpg, 19mpg highway both with a light foot. Strong underpinnings and good engineering mean this 4x4 can tackle most off roading stock. Don't like that gas fill is on driver side.

Favorite Features

Excellent engine, removable top, seats, good looking inside and out, good ergonomics, stout F150 underpinnings, transmission, comprehensive gauges, tons of room, doesn't feel loaded even with 1000lb load in the back (which all fit BEHIND the back seat), can use F150 parts (cheap and available).

Suggested Improvements

Wish interior built out of better materials, gas filler on back or passenger side preferable. More reliable electrics (one power win and power locks busted). Beeper on anytime driver door is open is annoying. Back seat hard to get into. Wish it weren't a computer controlled drivetrain.

better than the rest
By YO11

1992 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

Pushing 14 years old and still blows away all the little SUVs out there. Only the Hummer comes close. FORD better get this back into production

Favorite Features

High headlights making Cayenne and BMW owners run for cover...

Suggested Improvements

none

Bronco