Used 1991 Ford Bronco SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Ford Bronco SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

Fun Truck
By matt greer

1991 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought the bronco with 150k on it,so I knew there would be some issues.I only paid 2k for it.The bronco hasnt let me down yet.I use it to pull a ski boat and go camping.Its,strong,durable,and a lot of run.Its not a tahoe though.No smooth ride,multi sensored,electronic everything,overpriced soccor mom truck here.I average 15mpg and can tow fairly well.With the removeable top a bronco is an oversized jeep that can easily multi task with the modern suvs.Just not as refined,complicated,or expensive.

removable top,brawny appearance,big motor 5.8,cost to restore,no rust,fun factor over modern vehicles

gas mileage is inadaqute in all large trucks.Rear main seal design in 1990s model fords(leak oil).Wish it was 5speed transsmion.

Good
By TkSost

1991 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I think this is a great vehicle if you can afford the gas on it

The Cinderella second vehicle
By John

1991 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought it as the only way to get out of a terrible lease on a Toyota T100 (most awful vehicle, the Toyota, I've EVER driven); mechanics and people who like Broncos tell me it's "excellent, just dying to be driven." I find it noisy to be inside, stick shift can get tiring, and the arms rests designed for someone about 4 feet tall (so I can't use them). Had it repainted last summer and it looks hot -- very tough -- yeah, "Ford tough." Makes me feel like a real outdoorsman when I drive it. I don't know what it's worth exactly. I just wish it were more comfortable for me, the driver. Maybe if I "just really drive it a lot" (everyone's advice) some day I'll like it better. "

insane 4 wheelin
By chazzmills

1991 Ford Bronco SUV Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

Ive takin this rig all over Idaho Washington and Oregon. Huntin and fishin, the only time it ever broke down on me. Was after a trip through the desert the brakes went out. In my driveway. Love the ride

Ford needs to put tranny and transfer cases in their rigs built like they used to lately they've seemed a lil weak

I loved it
By bronco790

1991 Ford Bronco SUV XLT 2dr SUV 4WD

I had a Bronco for a little more then a year and loved it. It was my baby. My brakes went out and i cracked my manifold twice becaue of my driving but that was all that I took it in for. I needed a new tranny but besides that it was perfect I wish i would have never sold it because now I am looking to buy another.

My favorite feature is that you can drive over anything!

New tranny. All Fords need a new tranny but besides that lift and tires