My Prim is growing up!
By kkandprim on
1997 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback
I received my '97 Aspire about six months ago as a gift from my fantastic grandparents, and immediately named her Primrose. Prim had 38,000 miles when I got her, and the previous owner kept detailed records of all maintanence. She's been a fantastic little car with amazing gas milage and small, inexpensive repairs. I certainly plan to keep her for as long as she'll hold up to my busy lifestyle!
Favorite Features
I love how simple this car is. I've had some recent issues (speed sensor, loose belts, etc.), but nothing too complex or too expensive. Her gas tank is small, only 10 gallons, but I get amazing gas mileage (average 27 mpg) and spend very little money on gas. I don't have a car payment, and my insurance is nearly nonexistant, so there's nothing a whole lot better!
Suggested Improvements
More than anything, I wish she had more power. My better half (debateable) has an '04 Subaru STI that puts me in my seat. I'm often reminded how slow my car is when I'm put between large vehicles and don't feel safe. I've seen forums where people add power to the car, but considering how tiny she is, I don't see me doing that anytime soon...