Used 1996 Ford Aspire Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford Aspire - Consumer Reviews

1996 Ford Aspire Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:

Alright Car
By Bade

1996 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I don't think it is the greatest car, but I do prefer it over some others. The size is what gets me...it is a little to small sometimes, other huge cars like Dodge Ram pickups tower over me, but then it is normal size against other cars. Not as fast as I hoped, but since I have bought it I have never had to do any special work on it other than the usual oil change, and filter change.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

The size could be a little bigger and may a little more horsepower under the hood.

GREAT AND FUN TO DRIVE
By Jess

1996 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

ITS FUN TO DRIVE, IT MAKE YOU SEEM LIKE YOU GOING FASTER THAN YOU REALLY ARE. AND ITS CUTE!

Favorite Features

THE HATCHBACK, THE SIZE OF THE CAR, EASY TO GET OUT OF TIGHT SPOTS.

Suggested Improvements

NEEDS POWER STEERING, EVEN THOUGH I DONT MIND IT.

the spec is great
By Linda Fish

1996 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

this car is the greatest for gas mileage

Favorite Features

handling, and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

rust quality on the inside of the hatchback at the hydrolic points and the rear defroster points

Inexpensive, reliable FUN!!!
By AspireChick

1996 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

One review of the Aspire summed it up as BULLETPROOF. I concur with that. My car has 116,000 miles on it and I have done NOTHING to it, other then change oil & filter, and air filter. NOTHING else has been touched. While the 63 ponies under the hood my not break your neck accelerating, it does however manage to get you around decently.

Favorite Features

This car has one the shortest turning radius EVER! It turns so sharp you can nearly run into the back of yourself if you're not careful!!! I love the fact that I didn't pay a lot for the car, and I am not paying a lot to maintain the car. It just doesn't get any better then this!

Suggested Improvements

A few more horsies wouldn't hurt, but I'll take it anyway.

Beats competition
By inimcus

1996 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

The Ford Aspire has higher build quality and performance than competing models in this catagory. While the design of the car's interior and exterior is not awe inspiring or complex, it's design is a direct result of functionality. The exterior shape gives ample head room for the average person. The simply sculpted interior is made of durable plastics. This vehicle also has enough pick-up to not leave you behind in city traffic or even the Appalachian Mountian highways. If ou are looking for a inexpensive, reliable, fun to drive car, this may be for you.

Favorite Features

My favorite freatures are the great fuel economy, good performance to price ratio, and good comfort on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

The exterior and interior could have been slightly more stylish. Other than that, the vehicle is simple and effective. It is even relatively easy to work on if need be.