A good car... for the price.
By J Bourdeaux on
1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback
It has been a fine car, great on gas mileage, even now at 121K, I still average 36 MPG. But with that great MPG, power is sacrificed, which is to be expected. Consumer Reports correctly stated that the Aspire is painfully underpowered. Although I can zip in and out of traffic, I can't accelerate up steep hills. It has been relatively maintenance free. In 8 years, I've replaced the tires two or three times, struts twice (I guess I hauled too much with all the room in the back), brakes once, exhaust, headlights, rotor, cap, and timing belt. The road noise is somewhat pronounced. Overall, it's been reliable, a fine investment, and has served me very well.
Favorite Features
Great gas mileage, spacious interior, ability to haul large objects, reliability,
Suggested Improvements
More powerful (without sacrificing fuel efficiency), better head lights (they didn't light up the road well & became cloudy over time), less road noise, trunk release from front seat, better exhaust system (the clamps on the protection panels rusted off and rattled -very annoying).