1995 Ford Aspire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:
No Frills, Excellent Runner
By Peppy's owner on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I love this car, I have named it Peppy. I will never get rid of it. It hav NEVER given me a problem. The only time it has been worked on is for regular maintainence. I have purchased 2 other vehicles since Peppy, but the Asipe is a keeper. The car has served me well. Well built little car.

I love my Aspire
By J.C.M. on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire 4dr Hatchback

I love my Aspire. It was the first and only new car that I ever bought. It has never not started and gotten me to work. I drive 60 miles a day just for work so gas mileage is important. I have had to do only basic maintenance (brakes, tires). My car has 134000 miles on it now and I haven't had a payment in 5 years. I love this car. My only complaint is that for a small car it has relatively expensive tires. Also, if you tune up your Aspire, I recommend that you seal your distributor cap with electrical tape.

Stay Away
By crysta on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire SE 2dr Hatchback

This car started out well but has ended up being a very expensive. Most parts are not available locally and everytime something needs to be fixed, the parts must be ordered and are not cheap. My brakes alone cost $800. The clutch continually has problems. The keys break often and no one carries the template key anymore. Ford people actually laugh when I pull up to the dealership for anything. They cannot believe that it is still running.

Ford Aspire...Aspiring to be a Real Car
By Bandito on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I have had my Ford Aspire (Teal Rocket) for about 3 years now and I must admit that even though I do believe it is the SLOWEST car on the road, it is my favorite car. Its Small and convienient, and still gets the job done. But I have just learned that of my four cylinders, two have next to no compression, I think it is due to working the engine so hard. =)

Cute, comfy and quick
By conlaw on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I have found my 95 Ford Aspire to be a very reliable car. It runs great, does every thing a small car should do, hauls a lot of stuff, and gets good gas mileage.

The ultimate car
By Jason65644 on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire 4dr Hatchback

This is one of the best cars that i have owned and driven. Not only does it cost me to fill up $17(cdn), it gets me through the week--and i drive a lot. The odometer is at 165,231 and the car still runs like new. Had to replace Nothing....not even the battery..I would highly recommend it as a second car or a first car to anyone and everyone.

I give it a 10!!!
By Annie Buchmiller on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire 4dr Hatchback

I am the second owner of my 95 Ford Aspire, and I LOVE it! I have only had routine maintance on my car, oil changes and such. I have 133k miles on this bad boy and it is still going strong. I will drive this until it dies. I have just been looking around at vehicles so I will know what I want when the time comes and I do belive it will be a KIA, Aspire's are made by KIA. I just can't say it enough I LOVE MY KIA!

1995 aspire
By joe kossuth on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire 4dr Hatchback

we bought this aspire new in summer of 1995 for about 10k. we have now driven it for 7 years and has been the most reliable and trouble free car we have ever owned (owned about 20 cars over 30 years). the only thing that went wrong with it has been the water pump which needed to be replaced twice. the dealership-installed airconditioning needed repair also. other than that we only did maintenance on the car. no rust at all, engine oil usage is minimal, temp gauge never goes above normal and we live in the desert southwest. our next car will be a kia for sure (aspire built by kia). we absolutely loved this car and plan on keeping it until it dies.