1995 Ford Aspire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:
Great MPG car!
By Bill on 09/04/06 10:21 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

Purchased this car used at 72k miles. No mechanical problems in last 5 years. Just regular maintenance. Great gas mileage at 36 highway, with no air conditioning, about 28 in town. Air conditioning really lowers the gas mileage. Not the most attractive and no power steering, but beats high car payments and always starts.

CAR STINKS
By DSS70 on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

AC DIED AT 32K SPEEDOMETER BROKE SHORTLY AFTER. REPLACED EXHUST FUEL PUMP IGNITION SPEEDOMETER ALL BEFORE 90K HAVE SUFFERED 5 YRS NO AC BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T STAND BEHIND THE CAR. MPG 35cty/40hwy MUCH LOWER THAN EXPECTED AFTER 5 Yrs WITH METRO, A MUCH BETTER CAR.

A good car... for the price.
By J Bourdeaux on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

It has been a fine car, great on gas mileage, even now at 121K, I still average 36 MPG. But with that great MPG, power is sacrificed, which is to be expected. Consumer Reports correctly stated that the Aspire is painfully underpowered. Although I can zip in and out of traffic, I can't accelerate up steep hills. It has been relatively maintenance free. In 8 years, I've replaced the tires two or three times, struts twice (I guess I hauled too much with all the room in the back), brakes once, exhaust, headlights, rotor, cap, and timing belt. The road noise is somewhat pronounced. Overall, it's been reliable, a fine investment, and has served me very well.

No Frills, Excellent Runner
By Peppy's owner on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I love this car, I have named it Peppy. I will never get rid of it. It hav NEVER given me a problem. The only time it has been worked on is for regular maintainence. I have purchased 2 other vehicles since Peppy, but the Asipe is a keeper. The car has served me well. Well built little car.

Ford Aspire...Aspiring to be a Real Car
By Bandito on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I have had my Ford Aspire (Teal Rocket) for about 3 years now and I must admit that even though I do believe it is the SLOWEST car on the road, it is my favorite car. Its Small and convienient, and still gets the job done. But I have just learned that of my four cylinders, two have next to no compression, I think it is due to working the engine so hard. =)

Cute, comfy and quick
By conlaw on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I have found my 95 Ford Aspire to be a very reliable car. It runs great, does every thing a small car should do, hauls a lot of stuff, and gets good gas mileage.