Used 1995 Ford Aspire Base Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Aspire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:

'95 Aspire with 245K miles!
By Jermnc77

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my Aspire from a cousin. I had long bugged him to sell it to me, and finally he relented! The motor has been replaced at 193K. I found a motor with 22K on it. I have practically rebuilt the car. But it's been a work of love. I like the styling. The gas mileage is great! (averages 32mpg). It is a 5 spd with AC. I have achieved 41 MPG with the Aspire by not running the AC and keeping speed to 55mph. The mechanics of this car are simple and it's easy to work on when necessary. With that said, it has been an extremely reliable car! I don't know what I would have done w/out it during the "gas rush" of Katrina! I wish Ford would bring this back! Just the way it is!

Shape, gas mileage, pure mechanics... no weird computers or hard to work on parts! check out my car: cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Exterior trunk lid handle. Only opens with a key.

5 speed wins over automatic
By gotitan

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I have 96 automatic @ 32 mpg and a 1995 5 speed @ tops 44 mpg....with the back seat out I can haul a full sized gas dryer with the hatch down.

MPG..cheep and rasy to fix.

sound proofing

Part of the family
By bowdog72

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 5-speed manual Aspire third hand with 140000km on the clock. Only major problem was a faulty fuel pump that was replaced at 170k - a cheap diy fix. Since purchase the after-market mods have been tinted windows, alloy rims and stiffer suspension - because I love this car. Without doubt, this is the best car I have ever owned. Mechanically it has been perfect with regular oil and coolant changes, and one set of disks and brakes in 50,000km. Amazing, considering it regularly works in the 3-4k rpm range when squeezing through the traffic. My version has a boot opener! No chance of selling this one - the family would never allow it. That's Ok with me - they can bury me in it!

Fuel economy is great. Size is perfect for the city/shopping centres. Enough room for a young family. Excellent visibility all round. Minor mods make the car look a million $$$. Keep the revs high and it will keep up with most cars off the line. 5th gear at 3000rpm is about 100kph (65mph).

Stiffer suspension - 1.5L engine, fog lights, oil press gauge. Seats are a little uncomfortable after a 2 hour drive. No room for 8x6 speakers unless you install them in the cargo tray or route the interior. But these are minor things - after 2 years of faithful service this is still a great car

Aspire resurrected
By jermnc77

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Aspire from my cousin (after begging for years for him to sell it to me). It had 163K on the motor at the time. Nine (k) later, the motor finally gave out. I have since had a new motor installed and worked over most of the parts. I don't know what I would do w/out it now! I got 38mpg city and 41mpg highway (easy driving/no AC on)!! I wouldn't hesitate to find another Aspire and get it back on the road too!

Styling, body curves, interior ergonomic design

Cruise control (can't complain about HP b/c it is only a 1.3L motor) But it's strong for a small car!

Ford Aspire 1995
By four wheels

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I had a five speed Ford Aspire and it went about 39-40 mpg. It was peppy in the city and adequate on the highway, also it was fun to drive. I'd recommed it to save gas.

Good gas mileage

Exterior, it could look better, a little less egg shaped.