1995 Ford Aspire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:
Aspire resurrected
By jermnc77 on 06/20/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Aspire from my cousin (after begging for years for him to sell it to me). It had 163K on the motor at the time. Nine (k) later, the motor finally gave out. I have since had a new motor installed and worked over most of the parts. I don't know what I would do w/out it now! I got 38mpg city and 41mpg highway (easy driving/no AC on)!! I wouldn't hesitate to find another Aspire and get it back on the road too!

Ford Aspire 1995
By four wheels on 08/03/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I had a five speed Ford Aspire and it went about 39-40 mpg. It was peppy in the city and adequate on the highway, also it was fun to drive. I'd recommed it to save gas.

great little car
By sue on 02/07/07 11:04 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire SE 2dr Hatchback

I have had no problems with how my Aspire runs, it is GREAT. It is however hard to find parts online that can be shipped to an APO.

Great Car
By warlocke on 10/10/06 18:19 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I have had the car 3 months and i love it to death. I will not sell it and will drive it till it blows up lol. Runs strong at 130k+ miles; still getting 25-35mpg city/highway respectively.

Great MPG car!
By Bill on 09/04/06 10:21 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

Purchased this car used at 72k miles. No mechanical problems in last 5 years. Just regular maintenance. Great gas mileage at 36 highway, with no air conditioning, about 28 in town. Air conditioning really lowers the gas mileage. Not the most attractive and no power steering, but beats high car payments and always starts.

Good Car
By kat on 03/18/05 22:39 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire SE 2dr Hatchback

This is a fun little car. Great gas mileage (40mpg). Bought it used and has been Super reliable, Not had "any" problems, not replaced anything except tires and wipers. Handles well and good power and good brakes. Kinda funny looking from the outside (wife calls it an egg with wheels), but roomy and comfortable on the inside.

CAR STINKS
By DSS70 on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

AC DIED AT 32K SPEEDOMETER BROKE SHORTLY AFTER. REPLACED EXHUST FUEL PUMP IGNITION SPEEDOMETER ALL BEFORE 90K HAVE SUFFERED 5 YRS NO AC BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T STAND BEHIND THE CAR. MPG 35cty/40hwy MUCH LOWER THAN EXPECTED AFTER 5 Yrs WITH METRO, A MUCH BETTER CAR.

good car
By honeybunny on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire SE 2dr Hatchback

i had this car for4 years bought used and love it, chep on gas, oil. tires. brakes and other mentaince .

A good car... for the price.
By J Bourdeaux on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

It has been a fine car, great on gas mileage, even now at 121K, I still average 36 MPG. But with that great MPG, power is sacrificed, which is to be expected. Consumer Reports correctly stated that the Aspire is painfully underpowered. Although I can zip in and out of traffic, I can't accelerate up steep hills. It has been relatively maintenance free. In 8 years, I've replaced the tires two or three times, struts twice (I guess I hauled too much with all the room in the back), brakes once, exhaust, headlights, rotor, cap, and timing belt. The road noise is somewhat pronounced. Overall, it's been reliable, a fine investment, and has served me very well.

Great, reliable car
By heidi16 on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire SE 2dr Hatchback

We have never had major problems with this car except a transmission replacement at 120,000 miles. Other than that, only routine maintenance. Very roomy on the inside. Overall, we have been impressed with the performance. It has a small engine, but we knew that when we bought it. It has been the only vehicle we have owned for 8.5 years.