Used 1995 Ford Aspire Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Aspire - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Aspire

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:

Great, reliable car
By Dave

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

It may not look like much, but it keeps going and going! I never have to worry in the morning if it is going to turn over. Very dependable and reliable. No frills, but gets the job done.

Favorite Features

Great turning radius. Can flip a U-ey in the tightest of spaces.

Suggested Improvements

Power steering would be nice.

'95 Aspire with 245K miles!
By Jermnc77

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my Aspire from a cousin. I had long bugged him to sell it to me, and finally he relented! The motor has been replaced at 193K. I found a motor with 22K on it. I have practically rebuilt the car. But it's been a work of love. I like the styling. The gas mileage is great! (averages 32mpg). It is a 5 spd with AC. I have achieved 41 MPG with the Aspire by not running the AC and keeping speed to 55mph. The mechanics of this car are simple and it's easy to work on when necessary. With that said, it has been an extremely reliable car! I don't know what I would have done w/out it during the "gas rush" of Katrina! I wish Ford would bring this back! Just the way it is!

Favorite Features

Shape, gas mileage, pure mechanics... no weird computers or hard to work on parts! check out my car: cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Suggested Improvements

Exterior trunk lid handle. Only opens with a key.

5 speed wins over automatic
By gotitan

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I have 96 automatic @ 32 mpg and a 1995 5 speed @ tops 44 mpg....with the back seat out I can haul a full sized gas dryer with the hatch down.

Favorite Features

MPG..cheep and rasy to fix.

Suggested Improvements

sound proofing

Part of the family
By bowdog72

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 5-speed manual Aspire third hand with 140000km on the clock. Only major problem was a faulty fuel pump that was replaced at 170k - a cheap diy fix. Since purchase the after-market mods have been tinted windows, alloy rims and stiffer suspension - because I love this car. Without doubt, this is the best car I have ever owned. Mechanically it has been perfect with regular oil and coolant changes, and one set of disks and brakes in 50,000km. Amazing, considering it regularly works in the 3-4k rpm range when squeezing through the traffic. My version has a boot opener! No chance of selling this one - the family would never allow it. That's Ok with me - they can bury me in it!

Favorite Features

Fuel economy is great. Size is perfect for the city/shopping centres. Enough room for a young family. Excellent visibility all round. Minor mods make the car look a million $$$. Keep the revs high and it will keep up with most cars off the line. 5th gear at 3000rpm is about 100kph (65mph).

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer suspension - 1.5L engine, fog lights, oil press gauge. Seats are a little uncomfortable after a 2 hour drive. No room for 8x6 speakers unless you install them in the cargo tray or route the interior. But these are minor things - after 2 years of faithful service this is still a great car

Glad I bought this
By wiiz

1995 Ford Aspire 4dr Hatchback

I rented a Ford Aspire once and decided it was the car I wanted to buy. I've had this car 10 years. Replaced a clutch (60K miles), and have had the front end (outer tie rod, and L ball joint replaced just last year. I give it regular oil changes and keep the tires inflated. Except for this last year with the front end work, this has been a dream. 41+ mpg highway, 34 city. Quiet, and small enough to fit into even the smallest parking spaces. The hatch is roomy - it's like a clown car on the inside! I can get so much stuff in it it's crazy! I can drive in the snow when bigger 4WD vehicles can't. It's 13 (near 14) years old, and I don't intend to get rid of it any time soon. Yay for me.

Favorite Features

Drives in any weather, and has excellent traction in the snow.