Used 1995 Ford Aspire Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:

A Compromise
By yeahcapes

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I drive a 95 automatic Aspire with about 180K on it. I agree that the car is fairly reliable, always started with no problem until it was about -5 degrees outside. Doesn't accelerate well at all, but gets me where I need to be. Gas mileage is excellent, until you need to turn the heat or AC on, then it just drops. However, the car is not at all comfortable, I drive friends around a lot and it's always cramped. Leaks in the door let air in everywhere, and I spend the whole ride wiping frost off the INSIDE of the windshield. Back defrost is a joke. In the cold the speedometer slides right to 110. Honestly, I hate driving the car, but I do think some of it might be my own personal Aspire.

Gas mileage

Owned it twice now
By Althanite

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Originally bought it for my 600 miles per week commute to work. Loved the car from the start. My family of four - 2 middle/high schoolers - often took it for trips to town as well. We've even used it like a truck (the hatchback is great) hauling nearly everything with it - hay, 14 foot long 2x4s, 20 foot long PVC pipes, etc. If we could fit it in, the car would haul it. It now has over 200,000 miles - no major work or problems other than a broken speedometer and cable but I drove it that way for two years! We gave it to my sister for a few years and just got it back for my 18 yr old to drive to college and work. He loves it over his 2000 GMC 4x4 - it is cool, sporty and great MPG gas!

Everything overall. The ride was not as smooth as the Buick Park Avenue we had but I liked the seats and handling of the Aspire better!

Bring it back just like it was and make parts easier to find and purchase.

Better then a Scooter
By Scooter

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I was in the market to buy a Scooter to go shopping and run around. My limit was $1,000. I found this little car at a Charity Auction with 40K original miles. I actually outbid someone else with $800. Needed tune-up and headlight bulbs. I decided to drive to work now every day 40 miles round trip, get over 42 MPG on a regular bases. Takes 6 gallon to fill it up once a week. Better then my 350z or my F150. Zip in and around big cars, park anywhere I decide. No fancy toys to break. I took out the back seat, now I have a large cargo space. Better yet, I can drive this all year round. I'll drive this toy till I can't find parts for it. Why buy a Prius?

Mileage has to be the #1. Who is dumb enough to buy a Prius?

Remote hatch from driver door and lever handle to open hatch from the outside, so I don't have to use the key each time.

Great, reliable car
By Dave

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

It may not look like much, but it keeps going and going! I never have to worry in the morning if it is going to turn over. Very dependable and reliable. No frills, but gets the job done.

Great turning radius. Can flip a U-ey in the tightest of spaces.

Power steering would be nice.

'95 Aspire with 245K miles!
By Jermnc77

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my Aspire from a cousin. I had long bugged him to sell it to me, and finally he relented! The motor has been replaced at 193K. I found a motor with 22K on it. I have practically rebuilt the car. But it's been a work of love. I like the styling. The gas mileage is great! (averages 32mpg). It is a 5 spd with AC. I have achieved 41 MPG with the Aspire by not running the AC and keeping speed to 55mph. The mechanics of this car are simple and it's easy to work on when necessary. With that said, it has been an extremely reliable car! I don't know what I would have done w/out it during the "gas rush" of Katrina! I wish Ford would bring this back! Just the way it is!

Shape, gas mileage, pure mechanics... no weird computers or hard to work on parts! check out my car: cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Exterior trunk lid handle. Only opens with a key.