1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:
Not the best looking car, but never gives up!
By floridagirl82 on 04/01/12 10:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

My dad bought me a 1995 Aspire (Automatic) back in 1999. It was my first car and at first glance, I wasn't too impressed, but after driving it, I quickly fell in love and although it's not the fastest little car, it certainly handles well. Drove it on a trip, 12 hours of non stop driving with out any problems and watched it roll over to 100,000 miles that night! It lasted me until 2008, when the transmission finally gave out. I drove to death! It's been sitting in my back yard ever since as I just can't seem to let it go lol. Ac is STILL freezing cold to date! NEVER GAVE OUT! Did have some repairs done during the time that I drove it, but nothing we couldn't do ourselves. HATED GAS :]

great little car
By sue on 02/07/07 11:04 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I have had no problems with how my Aspire runs, it is GREAT. It is however hard to find parts online that can be shipped to an APO.

Good Car
By kat on 03/18/05 22:39 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

This is a fun little car. Great gas mileage (40mpg). Bought it used and has been Super reliable, Not had "any" problems, not replaced anything except tires and wipers. Handles well and good power and good brakes. Kinda funny looking from the outside (wife calls it an egg with wheels), but roomy and comfortable on the inside.

good car
By honeybunny on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

i had this car for4 years bought used and love it, chep on gas, oil. tires. brakes and other mentaince .

Great, reliable car
By heidi16 on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

We have never had major problems with this car except a transmission replacement at 120,000 miles. Other than that, only routine maintenance. Very roomy on the inside. Overall, we have been impressed with the performance. It has a small engine, but we knew that when we bought it. It has been the only vehicle we have owned for 8.5 years.

Stay Away
By crysta on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

This car started out well but has ended up being a very expensive. Most parts are not available locally and everytime something needs to be fixed, the parts must be ordered and are not cheap. My brakes alone cost $800. The clutch continually has problems. The keys break often and no one carries the template key anymore. Ford people actually laugh when I pull up to the dealership for anything. They cannot believe that it is still running.